Oa 548 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slolooper

Vessel Name
Patriot
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 548 PHMY
First post...Looking at a 1996 OA 548. Anyone familiar with anything I should look at or beware of? Lot of boat to go over and want to leverage anybody else's experience, good or bad. Thanks

First post...Looking at a 1996 OA 548. Anyone familiar with anything I should look at or beware of? Lot of boat to go over and want to leverage anybody else's experience, good or bad. Thanks

We are looking at one too. Any learnings? My initial thoughts: Solid design of course. We like the layout. The galley up by the ph is a nice change to the usual salon connection. Seems like everything is relatively accessible for maintenance and repair. I am a little concerned about the 2 cycle DD engines. I've only had 4 cycle Cummins.

One I'm looking at was re powered with yanmars. So don't have the DD challenge. Agree on the galley-PILOTHOUSE setup. Nice day to day space. Stand up engine room works too.

We were on one many years ago in Friday Harbor, San Juans. Beautiful boat, very beamy and we liked the layout very much.

OA’s are done right at the factory. It’s what is done after the factory that you need to inspect for. Let the surveyor inspect for that. Your concern with an OA is how she shows and does she fit your needs. If the last owner cared for her it will show. If she looks unkept you bet the maintanence was lacking as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom