Ranger R-25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RCook

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Dream Catcher
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37-065
Another trailer trawler that seems like it could be a good choice is the Ranger R-25. (No connection, etc. etc.)

I spent quite a bit of time aboard at last year's Seattle boat show, poking into every detail I could think of and asking lots of questions. It seemed well designed and laid out, and with inboard prop and small diesel ought to be economical and low maintenance. I've not been aboard on the water, but my friend later took a test ride, and was impressed.

Last summer in Alaska I ran into a couple who had taken their new R-25 up for its first extended cruise. They seemed quite pleased.

Here's a link to some pictures:

http://www.rangertugs.com/r/

If the link doesn't take you right to a slide show of larger pictures, select the gold colored Ranger Tugs logo in the upper left.

-- Edited by RCook at 12:52, 2007-12-16

Attachments

• ranger r25-2.jpg
    ranger r25-2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 572
I bet I met this same couple in a fjord near Juneau in July 2007. They seemed to be having a great time. They had been aboard for 6 weeks since leaving Seattle (I think it was Seattle).

I also went over a sistership at a boat show recently (September 2009) and was impressed with the construction, size, stability, practicality.

If I was building a custom boat there were details I'd change, but that is true with any boat -- including custom built boats!

Besides the factory website there is TUGNUTS.COM...
And for those with any interest there is our personal photo album on Tugnuts....
http://tiny.cc/3urmg
No as exciting as the factory website, filled with boring (to you) pictures of a few of our boating activities...
But it will give you perhaps a better feel for these pocket cruisers...

Back
Top Bottom