Mainship Decal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robkann

I have a Mainship 390 with no manufacturer decal. Does anyone know where I could get a Mainship decal?
:dance:

Decal

If you have the dimensions and an copy of the design(font) for a sample, you might try a custom vinyl sign shop and see if they can help.
randyt

I have a vintage Viking. The old style Viking logo was a "plate" fabbed from black fiberglass with the raised Viking lettering painted in silver paint. The newer Vikings have chrome-appearing lettering similar to automotive - looks sharp. I emailed them, asking if I could buy a set. Response was - you'll get a set by mail. Free. Guess they like to keep their name out there. I'd contact Mainship - they might be able to help you.

I've had good luck with vinyl shops!! New Mastercraft Graphics and Uniflite Decals!! Jolly Time

I'm resurrecting an ancient thread with a really obscure question I know, but does anybody know what font Mainship used in the 1990's for the script portion of their boat model decals? We have a 1996 Mainship "37 Motor Yacht" (big white tennis shoe style, not trawler style, pre-Marlow of course) and the decals on both sides look awful. I'm off to the vinyl sign business on Monday to have new ones made but I want to give them a mock-up and the font if can find it. I cobbled together this approximation using free fonts on the internet, but it's a messy combination of three different script fonts. I'm not that fussy,it's close enough for me, but it would be easier to give them a single font to re-create it.

I know Mainship used that script font on multiple models around that time, and they used that other, completely different, skinny, very rounded font for the "Mainship" decal itself, but I can't quite find a script font that matches. The skinny "Mainship" font was easy, plain old Century Gothic in Microsoft Word was close enough for my purposes (and actually I think Century Gothic is a little easier to read than the exact original) but that script font is much harder to match.

And just for kicks, here's another sample of both fonts together from a 1997 trawler model. Thanks.

Attachments

• Mainship Decal.jpg
    Mainship Decal.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Mainship trawler decal 1997.jpg
    Mainship trawler decal 1997.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 101
You could trace it and give it to a vinyl guy to reproduce.... My son figured out the obscure font for my Cape dory (close anyway) , and a tracing got it within fractions of an inch for cutting.
You cannot tell the difference from OEM...

2v29rk8s9x3cYB.jpg

Last edited:
I’d photograph it straight on and have them digitally correct it, then print. Should be easy

Like what is recommended above, take a picture of the logo to a local vinyl or sign guy, anything factory original Mainship is long gone, just like Luhrs. The sale was 2012 to Marlow.

Found this on a google search for Mainship logo

:socool:

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 927
  • logo 2.png
    logo 2.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,022
  • logo 3.png
    logo 3.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 909
Ps a- “real camera” high resolution and good lighting is best.

Thanks everybody, very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to respond, good suggestions all. (Next I have to figure out the hex nut size of the toggle switches on the helm. The rubber boots need to be replaced and they're a hair bigger than the standard 15/32. Details details...)

Found these two examples at a local Marine Surplus. Only one of the "Trawlers" version and several of the foil decals.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 126
Only one of these. Actually in good shape but wrapped in wax paper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 126
I have a Mainship 390 with no manufacturer decal. Does anyone know where I could get a Mainship decal?
:dance:

Wow, what year is yours? Ours is a 2003 and doesn't have one either.

I just went online typed in vinyl boat lettering and compared the fonts available to a picture of the one on the boat. Ordered the ones that were almost the exact copy. Just measure yours first.

I just went online typed in vinyl boat lettering and compared the fonts available to a picture of the one on the boat. Ordered the ones that were almost the exact copy. Just measure yours first.

Picture of your finished logo and order info would be helpful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom