Hurricane Nate in Gulf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finished my storm prep at the boat in Houma, LA yesterday. Today it looks like the storm will shift a bit to the East of us. Still forecast to land as a level one Hurricane.

Storm preparation: double up all lines, put out all the fenders, bring in water hose, move the tender to a protected area, add some water to it for weight, bring in the furniture, remove canvas, tie down everything you think will blow away, God will show you what you forgot to tie down. Have a priest come by and bless your boat again.

Wifey B: Thinking of all you Gulfies. Seems to me the warnings on Nate were a bit late and slow like we're hurricane tired from H, I and M. The fact one of the others may have been worse when it hit means absolutely nothing to those in line for Nate.

Just all be safe, please. :)

Thanks! Just returned from the coast - helped a friend move his DeFever 44 up the river to a safer spot. I'm in Jackson, about two hours north - but with Katrina we had 110mph winds this far inland:banghead:

So far just a little rain and wind in Gulfport. Not bad at all. Storm moving fast so that helps. Looks like one or two still riding it out in the harbor when I picked up my boat this morning.

They found a dead body right in front of my boat

This morning, apparently someone had been living in the woods and passed (not hurricane related). I didn’t see the body, I was packing up my house. A forum member forklift was next to me securing his boat and found the body in a tent

That’s the stern of my boat

Was thinking weather hasn't been bad enough for a death due to the storm. But I never discount the less than intelligent people that want to do less than intelligent things during a storm. :)

Some times I feel less then intelligent staying on the boat during these storms, but I couldn’t leave the Rose by herself

We picked up Mojo, our Sundowner trawler and L'il Gal our mini tug and put them on the yard in Biloxi, looks like we're about to get a direct hit, 105 mph winds, 7 - 10 ft tidal surge. A hurricane never really gets routine, there is always unexpected variables. Landfall at 11:00 pm, we are on the bad side, northeastern quadrant of the storm, won't be any sleep until we lay our eyes on our boats in the morning. Going to be a long night.

I have been concentrating on my week old grandchild and little else. I feel bad not being aware of Nate. I hope you all stay safe and weather the storm with no damage.

Next band about to come thru. Winds at the airport only 12 knots now. She's moving north about 20 kts now.... Keep moving Nate!

Several boats I see still in Gulfport Harbor!

The eye is here?
IMG_0369.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom