41 DeFever Fake smoke stack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KRedmann

Vessel Name
M/V Gone Fishing
Can someone please advise what a "fake smoke stack" on the flybridge is for.?.I understand it provides storage but sure seems to get in the way.is it removable?? any thoughts on its usefulness?will try to add a pic

Attachments

• 01515_jmEbX91sYDi_600x450.jpg
    01515_jmEbX91sYDi_600x450.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Possibly Art had an office party.

Great place for a flybridge head if plumbed properly . . . for guys (of course) who don't want to walk all the way to the railing. :eek:

Whatever you do---DO NOT OPEN IT.

Cut a hole in the top. Put some dry ice in a bucket of water and set it inside...makes a nice smoke effect.
Look! You're the Queen Mary!

Where else are you going to hang all the other toys such as RADAR, apparent wind sending unit, Q flag, cruising country's flag??
Per the stack itself, your boat, you don't like the stack, remove it, glass over the sizable hole it will leave.

Never liked seeing fake stuff like that on boats. It looks sorta cool to some I guess, kinda like a fake hood scoop on a ricer car.

Form follows function. Fail.

A real dry stack, now that IS cool. Noisy and messy though...

On the American Tug, the fake stack is to allow head clearance walking down 3 steps.

Saw one turned into a great ice box (full of "cold beer") and the top was hinged and acted as a nice table top (complete with recesses to hold that "cold beer")

Hmmmmmm

Any better pics? What's that canvas piece on top?

That thing is bonkers. Don't let that turn you off of DeFevers. I have a 41 DeFever and there's no fake smoke stack on it, thank god.

Perish the thought, something fake on a boat. So the stack on an AT is a clever way to hide a design oops? The whole premise of "Tugs" is at risk!

DeFevere is a a great boat. Do they still have the center sea chest in the engine room?

It is strange to look into the seachest and see what's under you. The bottom grate will keep out the big pieces of "stuff" SMILE
On a standard boat, if a hull fitting breaks loose, one might sink slowly. If that seachest breaks loose, the sinking will happen quickly. SMIRK That said, I still like the seachest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom