Trent Severn Waterway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Recb

Veteran Member
Hello all, has anyone on the forum traversed the Trent Severn Waterway or have first hand knowledge of it? My primary question is whether anyone knows the working depths for the Waterway. I did find a reference that leads me to believe it might be 5 feet, but I am not sure whether this is an absolute and what variation there may be due to precipitation in a given year. A question secondary to the draft limitation is whether there is a limit to length of boat that would be practical to traverse the Waterway. Thanks in advance for any insight. Regards, Richard

If you draw more than five feet they require a signed waiver .
If you're around four feet no worries.

Go on line Trent Severn waterway for information. However draft required is dependent on your running speed, your stern drop when starting and your speed through narrow channel that displaces water. It is a great trip but many channels require very slow movement and caution especially when meeting another vessel greater than 30 ft.

With a four foot six inch draft Bay Pelican touched a lock sill in going through the Trent Severn. The Parks Canada staff were wonderful and they repeatedly overfilled the pool in the locks upon being warned of our approach.

Don't recall any portion of the Trent Severn which would be impossible for a less than 60 foot boat provided the draft was less than 5 feet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom