Looking for recommendations in Myrtle Beach...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve91T

Guru
Vessel Name
Abeona
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 47’ Sundeck
We are currently month to month at the Grande Dunes. This Saturday we are heading down to the Boat to spend the weekend on it. We want to spend at least a few hours at the beach one afternoon, but other than that we would like to have somewhere cool to take the boat. Are there any restaurants along the ICW that have good food and a decent night life? Maybe something with an outdoor area so our 3 year old can run around and play? Also I’d love to spend the night on the hook. This will be our first time and I can’t wait. Doesn’t seem like many good places to anchor in that area. It’d be really neat if there was something near the reataurant so when we are done with dinner, we go somewhere and throw the anchor.

Let me know if any of you have any recommendations.
Thanks!
Steve

The Waccamaw river and tributaries are beautiful; we liked to anchor for a day or two in Bull Creek.

Barefoot Landing area has a whole array of shops and restaurants. Stay for a night or I do believe tbey have a several hour rate.

Barefoot Landing area has a whole array of shops and restaurants. Stay for a night or I do believe tbey have a several hour rate.

+1

And don't overlook Ruth's Chris. Also, the restaurants in the Grande Dunes Resort property if you can get into them are good.

Then others throughout town but not on the water.

Theres another hurricane coming? Of course there is, hasn’t rained in a month and the one weekend we have to spend in the boat, there’s going to be a hurricane.

I just hope more people don’t get hurt

Thanks guys for the recommendations. Maybe we’ll try again next time.

Theres another hurricane coming? Of course there is, hasn’t rained in a month and the one weekend we have to spend in the boat, there’s going to be a hurricane.

I just hope more people don’t get hurt

Thanks guys for the recommendations. Maybe we’ll try again next time.

How is the hurricane affecting you?

Now I do feel for those along the gulf coast and hope it's not too bad.

How is the hurricane affecting you?

Now I do feel for those along the gulf coast and hope it's not too bad.

Oh it’s not, just going to be a wet weekend. Nothing like those in its path are experiencing

Yep, looks like this one (Nate) is headed our way:hide::hide:

We are currently month to month at the Grande Dunes. This Saturday we are heading down to the Boat to spend the weekend on it. We want to spend at least a few hours at the beach one afternoon, but other than that we would like to have somewhere cool to take the boat. Are there any restaurants along the ICW that have good food and a decent night life? Maybe something with an outdoor area so our 3 year old can run around and play? Also I’d love to spend the night on the hook. This will be our first time and I can’t wait. Doesn’t seem like many good places to anchor in that area. It’d be really neat if there was something near the reataurant so when we are done with dinner, we go somewhere and throw the anchor.

Let me know if any of you have any recommendations.
Thanks!
Steve

As someone else pointed out, the Waccamaw River is one of the most beautiful cruising and anchoring areas on the entire AICW. Head south from where you are.

Bucksport Plantation Marina and the Wacca Wache Marina are right on the ICW and have restaurants. You can anchor within a few hundred yards of either.

If you go south of Wacca Wache Marina, you will find Thourgofare Creek on your right just past a bend in the river. Go into the creek about a mile and you will find a large sandy hill and beach where your kid can play and swim. There have been reports of alligators so keep that in mind when considering swimming. If it's a warm weekend, there may be other people boating and swimming there and the alligators will stay away. There are hiking trails on the island also.

If you are on Active Captain, look at the views of the area and the marinas and anchorages.

Oh it’s not, just going to be a wet weekend. Nothing like those in its path are experiencing

What weather forecast are you looking at? Accuweather for Saturday. A couple of showers. 0.09 inches of rain. For Sunday, Cloudy, a thunderstorm in spots. 0.25 inches.

Weather.com the same, probability of rain 40% and even then brief. Not trying to push you into the rain, but we'd sure be there.

What weather forecast are you looking at? Accuweather for Saturday. A couple of showers. 0.09 inches of rain. For Sunday, Cloudy, a thunderstorm in spots. 0.25 inches.

Weather.com the same, probability of rain 40% and even then brief. Not trying to push you into the rain, but we'd sure be there.

Oh we’re still going.

Lots of good ideas.. We are at the Myrtle Beach Yacht Club and lived in Huntersville until 2005. We also owned a MS 31 SB. We have the Officer's Club Restaurant here. It's private but you can just be our Guest. Snooky's at Cricket Cove is good. Ian's under the Hiway 17 bridge but only can dock one or two boats. Filet's at Harbourgate and Boardwalk Billy's at Doc Holidays. Both of those is better for nightlife. Georgetown has a nice boardwalk with a lot of funky places. Google "Savannah's Place" playground. It is not on the water and is near Market Common in MB. It is an amazing place and your child would love it..

Ray and Kim
MBYC

Last edited:
Awesome trip....pics and story coming later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom