Hardware needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sealife

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea life
Vessel Make
Krogen 42 #61
Can't seem to find replacement hardware for the original push to close latches for the fridge and freezer on my KK42. They have worn significantly, and have been on the "I'll get to it" list for some time. But the freezer latch actually broke at the handle pivot.

My wife will be back in the US for a few weeks soon, so may be possible to mail order. I can always "rig" something for awhile, but prefer to fix and forget. Just need something of similar style and size, I can handle modifying mount as the teak needs to be redone on the doors anyway.

Thanks for any leads

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 306
These guys may know at thing or two: kadeykrogen.com, or recommend a replacement. Good folks there.

Can't seem to find replacement hardware for the original push to close latches for the fridge and freezer on my KK42. They have worn significantly, and have been on the "I'll get to it" list for some time. But the freezer latch actually broke at the handle pivot.

My wife will be back in the US for a few weeks soon, so may be possible to mail order. I can always "rig" something for awhile, but prefer to fix and forget. Just need something of similar style and size, I can handle modifying mount as the teak needs to be redone on the doors anyway.

Thanks for any leads

Had a similar latch go bad. Took the latch off and the manufacture's name was stamped on the underside. I searched the name and found a replacement.

Have the info? If it's similar, that would work.

McMaster Carr has a few styles that look like they might work

Fisheries Supply in Seattle (on the Internet) has a tremendous stock and useful staff. I recommend sending them a photo via e-mail - they may help you.

Good Luck

Jeff

I looked at mcmaster carr before posting. What they have is close, and would work as a last resort. The measurements just were off one way or another. I would prefer some more options before settling.

I emailed fisheries supply, thanks for the recommendation Jeff. Waiting to here back drom them.

Unfortunately Kadey Krogen has not been able to help me with anything I've asked for over the years. Fair enough I guess, since the boat is over 30 years old. I'm sure the support is better on the newer models....

Push-to-latch brands:
Kason
Keil
Rapids

Back
Top Bottom