What does your boat look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine's a Halvorsen Gourmet Cruiser 32 (with flybridge option) which is due to deliver in about a month. By chance, the builders have chosen a yard just 2 hours away from my home in Hong Kong, so I get to see her under construction about once every 4-6 weeks. She's quite a deviation from the standard boat, not least with a 2' hull extension which gives a larger aft ****pit.

My avatar is*a quick*effort (scissors'n glue collage from the builders' marketing materials) to show what my extended hull with flybridge should look like.

Can't wait!....

Mark
(Hong Kong)

Attachments

• mch_1862.jpg
    mch_1862.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 156
  • mch_2312.jpg
    mch_2312.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 148
That's funny! I can't type the word* c o c k p i t* without getting busted for profanity!*
laughing.gif
* Any thoughts on what else I should call it? Probably a word that will feature quite frequently on this website.

25 foot aluminum
True Grit
Max fuel burn speed
Trailer ready

Attachments

• 20mphportbeamsmall.jpg
    20mphportbeamsmall.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 176
  • boattrucklakesmall.jpg
    boattrucklakesmall.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 135
And attached is a photo of the Halvorsen Island Gypsy 44 (much like Gil's above)*that I grew up on, and still get to see on occasion. In the foreground is my 28' Sea Ray Sundancer which I just sold to make way for my new*Halvo Gourmet Cruiser currently under construction.

Attachments

• oscarsharkbaitweb.jpg
    oscarsharkbaitweb.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 172
My avatar shows our current vessel (64' Vantare).* The one that may replace it (will know more today) is shown below (76' Rodriguez).

Attachments

• stbd.jpg
    stbd.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 143
[No message]

We just picked this up before Labour Day.

1988 Hershine

Attachments

• hershine38.jpg
    hershine38.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 149
So lets see if a picture appears.

Well, lets see if this works

Here she is - a 38' Rawson Coastal Cruiser.* Built in Redmond, WA, in 1971.* Twin Perkins 6.354's.

Attachments

• p7130062.jpg
    p7130062.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 105
Phil Fill wrote:

So lets see if a picture appears.
Phil
*** Is that a Roughwater 58?

Baker, I am technically challenged, so it takes a while.* My life goal has be a blond air head, but now the best I can do is a grey/silver haired air head.* You may have noticed that I tend to wander a bit.

Carey, yes that is a RoughWater 58 ft ugly slow trawler.* 1 of 5 left in the world, so we have tired when remolding/up dating to keep the same basic look/design/feel.* She makes one heck of a dock queen live aboard, but also has the capacity and range to be a long range cruiser, some day.* I see you are Bellingham so if you get in the Everett/Seattle are let me know.* Love to brake bread and spill some drinks with you.**(-;*

Sea Eagle docked in Jacksonville, Fl.

Attachments

• img_0032.jpg
    img_0032.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 115
Phil

Far from Ugly, she's a looker.. (In my opinion)
smile.gif

Cheers

Dan.

T/T*Suite 44,
44' 1976 Thompson
Home Port of St. Petersburg, Florida

-- Edited by El Sea at 20:30, 2007-10-13

Attachments

• suite 44
    38.4 KB · Views: 78
Hi Willy,

Thought that cool looking boat was Invader.* How are things in BC?
We did a 60 day trip this past summer up around Desolation and the Gulf Is. was alot of fun.* Where was this pic of Invader taken? It looks like you are in the middle of some glacier melt.

Brian
Isobel K

This is Troika.* She is an Albin 25 Delux.* I bought her from a gentleman in San Francisco.* The most adventuresome (fun) cruise that I've taken was from Galveston, Texas to Apalachicola, Fl on the GIWW.* I did this in January after hurricane Katrina had come through in the previous August*(4-5 months).* Things were still a big mess but the human spirit was alive and displayed in the many places that I stopped.* Seen lots of propane tanks, refrigerators and damaged and sunk boats (very sad).* I crossed Mobile Bay during a Boat Advisory (won't do that again...well maybe).* I attribute much of my success to Skipper Bob's cruising guides.* He updated the guides for the Gulf Coast 5 times immediately following Katrina (incredible service) at no charge to the users and his guides discriptions were spot on.*

Getting ready to head down the AIWW (ICW) from Washington D.C. to Jacksonville, Florida (grandson Luke is there).* Will be leaving about the 9th of November after my doctors checkup.

This is a terrific forum.* Nice to see so many familiar posters.

Best Regards,

Bill

Attachments

• troika sunrise.jpg
    troika sunrise.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 99
Makin Do underway in San Juan Is. on our maiden voyage.* July 07.

Ed & Connie
PT 38 - "Makin Do"

-- Edited by Ed at 23:55, 2007-10-14

-- Edited by Ed at 10:45, 2007-10-15

Attachments

• roach harbor - our last stop in the san juans
    97.1 KB · Views: 62
  • anchored at hope is.
    83.1 KB · Views: 69
  • haro strait chop
    90 KB · Views: 61
Hey Gene, what a beautiful, cool old boat! Where do you keep her?

aCappella is a DeFever 53 pilothouse.* Her port is Castine, Maine on the Penobscot Bay.* We've taken her up and down the East Coast a few times - to the Keys and Bahamas.

Attachments

• acappella.jpg
    acappella.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 802
Brent,

Thanks, Virgina and her cruising grounds will be the Chesapeake bay initially. From there, my desired destination list is VERY long.

This is the former Zhu Bao out of Tacoma, Washington, now renamed ChristyLee.* She's in Brookings, Oregon at present.

1982 34' CHB Tri-cabin.

1984 38' OA, twin Perkins

Attachments

• kids.jpg
    kids.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 92
  • my boat.jpg
    my boat.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 116
Goat Harbor at Santa Catalina Island, June 2007....

Attachments

• 2007jun - goat harbor to cat harbor 031.jpg
    2007jun - goat harbor to cat harbor 031.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 123

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom