View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 05:34 AM   #24
IntervaleII

City: Tokyo, Japan / Tampa, Florida / Washington, Virginia
Vessel Name: Mondai Nai
Vessel Model: Nordhaven 55 - 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick14 View Post
Thank you! Reading on-line is one thing, but there's no substitute for experiences of people actually in the area. I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions!

It seems getting either a house, or a slip, are going to be a bit difficult. I've heard back from a few marinas. There seem to be some open slips available, but not covered, with 1 year+ waiting lists. Housing is even tougher. It seems like many houses sell literally within days, before we even have time to see them. I'd love to have a house with a dock, but those are both expensive, and brings flooding risk. Makes us a little uneasy, thinking of buying into a market that appears to be a rapidly inflating bubble. But then, at our age, time to wait isn't exactly on our side...

St Pete is nice, however you may want to expand your search south and not box yourself only into only one area. Many nice areas and friendly for boaters on the West coast, spent the last 15+ years cruising these waters. Tampa bay all the way down to Naples. Now after the recent storm, your options may increase and be more than you think.
Good hunting.
IntervaleII is offline   Reply With Quote