Old 09-22-2017, 03:11 PM   #9
Lou_tribal
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSteve53 View Post
Lou, your right they are a rare breed, have heard of them how ever from the Hercules Engines found in industrial applications(basically same engine)and Cocshutt tractors (no im not pulling your leg!), not all that different in looking like a Ford Lehman, I was some years back was involved with a posting in Diesel Forums re a similar question and a tractor (Yes a Cocshutt!) and at the time this link was given as a supplier of parts and manuals for the Hercules as;Hercules Catalog | Jensales Tractor Manuals

The Hercules diesels were a staple in the industrial engine world in days gone by. They were a commonly found marine engine and versions of them powered a good many military trucks of the ‘50s and ‘60s.

Like all in this family of engines, the blocks were exactly the same at either end, allowing for a great many variations, not the least of which was the ability to mount injection pumps on either side of the engine. True to one of the mainstay markets, the Hercules engines could be ordered for clockwise or counter-clockwise operation for twin engine boats.

Hercules shut the doors in 1999 but had built the D3000 and D3400 pretty much to the end. Parts are much less common than other brands, but one company, Hercano Propulsion, has specialized in Hercules, having bought the majority of Hercules’ remaining parts stocks.

HERCULES ENGINES OR HERCULES PARTS

Cheers Steve

Right on target Steve.
I was able to get an hand on the maintenance manual for the Hercules engine (terrestrial version) but never have been able to find the Acadia marine version one. I am learning it bit by bit in the hope to keep it running as it is now. I met a retired fisherman from Nova Scotia and Quebec East coast 2 weeks ago, he told me that I will never have to worry about an Acadia engine and that it will survive me, it was encouraging! Not sure if he was predicting me to die young though lol

L
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote