View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 04:54 PM   #10
Rmlow

City: St Helens
Vessel Name: Melissa Lynn
Vessel Model: 53' Selene
All the above advice is solid, decent weather windows usually run well into October. We did this trip from Anacortes to St Helens Oregon with a new to us 53' trawler in early May.

Although I have many Columbia Bar crossings under my belt they were all in smaller faster craft. I was new to a boat of this size and speed, so we hired a delivery captain who was familiar with the boat to assist us with the trip.
We met with him a week prior to our anticipated departure to plan the trip and went out on several hour a checkout trip so he was comfortable that everything was right with the boat.

We left with 3 of us on board taking 2 hr watches and 4 hrs off through the trip and went non stop Docking in St Helens 38 hrs later averaging 9 Kts until we hit the river current where it dropped to 6 Kts due to spring runoff. We were pleased with him and got some excellent training along the way.

I can get you contact info if you like he is based in Anacortes but is originally from Oregon and has an extensive resume.
Rmlow is offline   Reply With Quote