https://www.bedsonboard.com/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a chance.

There's a charter outfit in Santa Cruz California that offers overnight accommodations at the dock that is a good value for many reasons. I've done business with them several times in the past and will do so in the future.

If I had a newer boat in the charter fleet I would have no problem with it.

We did that for a week in San Diego last spring. It was a great experience. When the owner found out we were boat owners ourselves it enhanced the experience even more. Only time we have ever been on a 50' Sea Ray for more than a walk around. Nice boats but not something we would ever buy.

I an only imagine the head and plumbing problems.

I have stayed on AirBNB boats before. They were "non operational", basically boats turned into houses. I think it can be a good investment if you have a boat you don't plan on ever actually using.

Wifey B: :nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono:

But then I'd never put one into charter either. I just don't want strange people on my boat or in my home. However, I don't see anything wrong with doing it if that's what people want to do. Just not me. I don't want to think who's been sleeping in my bed or what they did in my shower. :)

I can think of maybe three people on earth I'd trust with my boat in my absence. My dock neighbor Dave who is a master mechanic and a better boat operator than I'll ever be; my oldest friend and best man at my wedding Mike who was in the mechanical engineering program with me in Fairbanks (I changed majors but he stayed in); and one of the state Supreme Court justices here who's a highly experienced pilot and could build a nuclear sub out of popsicle sticks and chewing gum. Oh, and maybe AlaskaProf on this forum but then he's a pilot and big-boat owner too, and a fellow former Alaskan so that counts for something.

Wifey B: I don't want to think who's been sleeping in my bed or what they did in my shower. :)

Ever stay in a hotel; what's the difference? It's not yours in a hotel, but what they did isn't any different.

Ted

Ever stay in a hotel; what's the difference? It's not yours in a hotel, but what they did isn't any different.

Ted

Wifey B: Rather stay on my boat than in a hotel. :) The difference is I don't own the hotel. I like to keep my stuff on the boat, not have to remove things. I like to just be able to jump on it and go. Plus, we've gotten far more careful about hotels with so many having bedbugs (yes, we do check thoroughly...hubby started it so I blame it on him but I must admit it makes sense). What about people bringing bedbugs to your boat? We know financially it would make a lot of sense for us sometimes to put the boat we're not on into charter but just can't bring ourselves to it. :ermm:

For those who would do the bedonboard thing, what would you leave or remove from the boat each time? Do you clean out all closets and drawers? What about towels, etc? Food? Just seems that would be a lot of work for one or two nights or something of use. :confused:

Yes, but only if we were on board, too. Boat systems are like Greek to most landlubbers. Also, boat would have to be twice as big as the one we have so the renters could have their own space and experience. Folks we know do this via airbnb on a 70-footer moored for the summer in Orillia, Ontario.

I am in the apatment business. Tennents will find away to wreak everything, just give them enough time. The bueaty about an apartment is, they are simple and use inexpensive components. I can gut a unit and put it back together for less than $20,000. Can you do that with your boat?

Back
Top Bottom