Vss voltage sensitive relay failure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hickers

Vessel Name
Bluechip 3
Vessel Make
Clipper 45
Hi, any suggestions before I spend $350 replacing one of the voltage sensitive relays on board?. The led is constantly flashing in the auto on position which according to the manual signifies over or under voltage which according to my panel meters is not the case. I have checked with a multimeter to confirm this is correct.

The auto function does not appear to be working.

It's a BEP 500 amp emergency parallel and automatic battery bank combiner. This one for us cuts the thruster/winch battery out or in depending on charge voltages floating around the systems.

IMG_1886.JPG

They look good but as this is one of a bank of relays that would mean a revamp of the whole board. So if replacement is the only option I am stuck with the marinco.

Unfortunately no repair service for these that I can find here in Australia. I'm going to remove it tomorrow and see if I can take it apart in the hope I can see what's wrong.

Update, disconnected all the power, removed fuses, pulled battery terminals and tried to totally isolate the vsr. Put it all back together and it's working perfectly again cycling on/off depending on charge levels. Saved myself $350!!

Back
Top Bottom