Music favs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eve of Destruction by Barry McGuire

When it comes on in my playlist I crank it up and sing along. Just as it just came on

Ohhhh next Fish On by Primus is a good one to. I got lots of goodies tucked away.

For our Texas friends. SRV and Texas Flood.

A lite, "breezy" number from George Benson. Here's hoping our friends in Texas are looking at clear skies very quickly.

Vale Walter Becker of Steely Dan

Walter Becker, co founder of Steely Dan,dead at 67. Since the 1970s he and Donald Fagan produced consistently unique and endearing music,pretty much carving out their own genre in a music world where fads come and go. Was it rock,pop, jazz,funk,or something else? It was Steely Dan.

Walter Becker, co founder of Steely Dan,dead at 67. Since the 1970s he and Donald Fagan produced consistently unique and endearing music,pretty much carving out their own genre in a music world where fads come and go. Was it rock,pop, jazz,funk,or something else? It was Steely Dan.

Thanks Bruce for that update on Walter Becker. I have been out of the loop for a few days because of opening of our college football season. He was an amazing guitarist. RIP, Walter Becker.

Here is Walter with one of his amazing riffs playing lead guitar. Notice the ease of his play.

Re Walter Becker heard that sad news today I always did like their music, here is one of my favorites.

Don and Steve, thanks for the Steely Dan performance posts, great songs,a later one(Cousin Dupree) and an early one(Hey Nineteen).
Donald Fagan did some work on his own(did they break up for a while?),but not Walter Becker, as I recall.
Right now, our quite professional local community FM station which plays Steely Dan regularly, is playing a tribute, as I type this, "Everything Must Go", about the last shopping mall. They toured here several times and had quite a following. Can`t think of another band with such unique style,I`ll treasure my CD collection.

To get our minds off hurricanes for a brief spell, here's a fresh young talent.

This one is a real change of pace. I don't recall seeing a six string banjo. Does anyone know how it would chord?

Last edited:
Here's another young talent . . . all of 10 years old when she performed this. Makes what's left of my hair stand on end.

Ian, here's another young lady that I think appeared earlier on this thread. I think it was posted by Al in Alaska. There is some awesome talent out there.

RIP- Don Williams-The Gentle Giant of Country music-

Thanks, Al. Don Williams was definitely the softer side of country music. We were fortunate that he performed so many years. I have marked his whole Ireland concert to listen to all of it later. His pure soft sound will be missed.

Moonstruck, how about T.Graham Brown?

Can't argue with that, Al. A great, emotion packed song. Thanks.

Here's an oldie for you.

Here is one I have enjoyed for years, Spain's Mocedades with, Eres Tu.

Thanks for a great one, Steve. I always enjoy learning of a new artist to me. She also had a great choir backing her up. I don't have to understand the words to know good music.

Now, here's one of my favorite artists for about 40 years. I think this number in the original video version appeared earlier in this thread. It is such a classic and showcases a talented picker and what a wonderful instrument the Fender Stratocaster is. You'll just have to indulge me on this one.

Moonstruck, You have been an inspriation in my listening to the music much lost to the general public. Age I would be the factor as times change. That you and others have created this thread begs huge 'thank you's'

One result is your highlighting Glenn Campbell. A favorite during my military years stationed in various post across the states, several in Fort Sill Okla. (Wichita Lineman)

Found the following concert video, has to be the classic of Campbell particularly the setting-Sioux City Orchestra backing Glenn up. A total hour plus of wonderful performance. Please all, enjoy with a glass of wine or a second cup of coffee.
And a lasting thanks Moonstruck.

Al-Ketchikan

Al, this thread would have gone nowhere if it were not for interesting posters like you. I will not list the great contributors to the thread for fear of leaving someone out. It has been pure pleasure on my part. Learning new artists and reaching back in my memory over a life time have been almost therapeutic.

Being an old Tennessee boy music has been a big part of my life. The first song I learned was the old Hank Williams song, Your Cheatin' Heart. That should give a clue to my age.

I do appreciate your gratitude, now give us some more interesting songs.

Last edited:
Possum!!!

Don't believe old Ernie Ford has been mentioned. He could do a gospel as well as any:

Al, you are bringing back many memories for me. TEF was my mother's favorite. My Dad sang second tenor in a Southern Gospel quartet. Thanks for the memories.

Doobies - Captain and me!

Al, good call on George Jones. When he and Tammy Wynette were married they turned out two of the top country songs of all time. George's He Stopped Loving Her Today and Tammy's Stand By Your Man.

Last edited:
Okay Moonstruck, Could be a bit out of line, but it is music and subjects of interest are mentioned.:popcorn::hide::rofl:

Al-Ketchikan

Al, I'm not going to touch those . . . . uh uh I mean that.:blush:

Hi music favorite gang- Best Neil Diamond concert ever!!! This is one Diamond fans will wish to bookmark.

Good job, Al. Thanks.

How about some movie music. The first is from an actor not known to be a singer, but was perfect for the part. It's from the musical Paint Your Wagon.

The next is from High Noon with Gary Cooper. Everyone will recognize this tune.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom