Help with Identity. Maybe Deferrer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NathanS

Hi,

Looking at buying this old Girl as a live abroad in the Marina. Only question is What is it? Have had insurance companies ask and no doubt I will have to survey.
The only info I have is 40FT 1964, which seems a bit young and has a single 120HP ford lees Turbo Diesel. I do have a HIN but turns no results. The Manufactures code is ADF which seems like an Defever.????

Im lost....

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 146
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's not a Defever, don't quote me though.
Art Defever's boat are usually quite distinctive. Higher bows and that sort of thing.
The boat your looking at seems more of a one off or custom build which in the early 60's would be more common. Not so many production boats then.
Just go in without the rose tinted glasses and eye's wide open.
Take a pessimistic friend with you.
Cheers.

Thanks for the response.

I am starting to think it was a custom boat. Apparently used as a tuna boat and then as a pearl boat in the 70's. Hull and structure look pretty good but the old Ford lees sounds bit on its last legs. Unless they were a fairly noisy engine to begin with.

But yes I agree it does seem rather one off ish.

Regards

If you are a 100% on the first three letters as ADF then that is definitely the De fever builders letters, I have seen some thing similar to this build in 1959 (but having trouble posting pic's here),

Saying that prior to 1972 it was not a requirement to do so,and therefore was seldom done (if ever) so the question remains still some what a mystery!

Cheers Steve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom