View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 12:05 AM   #12
Moonfish
Guru

City: Port Townsend, WA
Vessel Name: Traveler
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
I hear what you're saying, Toadhall. ALL of life is so precious...

One of my favorite memories from my time making our Latitudes & Attitudes TV show was when we did a "Share the Sale" in New Zealand. I had met the Pardeys through my partner, Bob Bitchin. He had been friends of Lin and Larry's for many years, so when they heard our flotilla (8 boats and 48 people) was coming their way they invited us all up to their house on Kawau Island for a party. We had an incredible barbeque and pot luck, which included many of their island neighbors. Probably close to 70 people at their place! Eric Stone played a live music set in their living room and had everyone dancing. The evening ended with Lin and Larry serenading us with their favorite sea shanties. Everyone on that trip agreed that was a most special day! Out of the 65 half-hour episodes I made, that one was one of my favorites.

That was back in 2008, and Larry was still sharp as a tack. I saw him last at the 2013 PTWBF, and at that time it seemed like he was starting to slip away. I hadn't known him that long, but even so, it was hard to reconcile. Having spoken with Lin a few years later it was apparent he was deteriorating rather rapidly. Even now, it's still hard to accept.

But you're right: Wow! What a life!
https://www.pacificnwboatertested.com
Moonfish is offline   Reply With Quote