IRMA Casualties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
I am getting a bit lost/confused regarding which members have lost or have had damaged boats so far.

And unfortunately, it may get a lot worse before it gets better. :(

Can we get the sad tales in here for clarity?

Won't know until tomorrow. On the hard at Charlotte Harbor Boat Storage, Placida, FL

It'll take awhile, Menzies. Re-entry always gets bogged down for the citizenry. I expect it may be the weekend before a lot of folks can enter the damage zone.

Neighbors on the spot report little damage at our spot in Ortona

Lucked out again! THANK GOD!

LUCY and guests OK.

No damage to my 37 Nordic Tug located at my dock in Punta Gorda, FL IMG_2269.jpg

We had a little water come in under the pilot house doors. Nothing the dehumidifier can't handle in a day or so.

Nearly lost the whole marina, I went out to take a photo just after the tide turned. It was close

Attachments

• 20170911_144018.jpg
    20170911_144018.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 217
Looks like about a foot and a half to disaster there!

Neighbors on the spot report little damage at our spot in Ortona

Lucked out again! THANK GOD!

LUCY and guests OK.
Great News Fred

I went back and set the boat up for 9' of storm surge as a worst case they were forcasting in St Marks.

Thank god I did because all of the water disappeared and the boat was at least 10' down in the mud.

I accounted for 9' and that extra 1' ripped my front cleat out but otherwise she was fine. One of the other boats set down on a limestone rock on the bottom and cracked the hull. It was taking on alot of water and my marina was pumping it out and last I checked had a crane coming to lift it.

Having all the rivers almost completely empty and waterfalls running down the banks was a sight to see and I doubt one I'll ever see again.

The owner of the family run marina grew up there and if I had to guess is just over 60 years old. He's never seen anything close.

All good except for some canvas damage.
Thank you shout out to TF member Capt Jack for the boat check.

Back
Top Bottom