Audio: California Delta Lifestyles and History

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyWright

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
FlyWright
Vessel Make
1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
I came across this interesting series of 9-12 minute radio interviews which has been broadcast very recently. I thought those who know the Delta or want to know more about the Delta would enjoy them.

Navigating the Delta | KALW

Al, thanks for sharing. I just finished listen to them all.

Thanks Al!

Very informative

These are really great, thank you for finding them. Our marina and others around them are very worried about the proposed tunnels because they will increase the salinity of the delta. We can catch bass, catfish, blue gills and even a salmon sometimes right in the slough we are on. We are against the building of the tunnels because they don't do anything to increase the supply of water, they take away existing water to feed Southern California. (ok, getting off my soap box now)

I agree with you, DD. Are you on Seven Mile Slough off the SJ River?

Last edited:
We are on 7 mile slough in Owl Harbor Marina. Wonderful place...

Don't have audio, but agree those tunnels will be bad for the delta and the whole San Francisco Estuary.

Thanks, I look forward to listening. I regret not getting an oral history from my father; our family has deep roots in the Delta going back when the sloughs and "islands" were being developed which a great-grandfather had a hand in.

These sound very interesting Al. I will listen to them while in the car.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom