Defever 44/49CPMY wiring diagram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greysailor

Vessel Name
Salty
Vessel Make
2005 Defever 44
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the usual inverter configuration, to include the inverter bypass switch, the double pole breaker in the "AC power selector" section of the breaker panel, how the 120vac input to the charger/inverter is routed, and how the panel loads are subdivided? I have a Prosine inverter/charger and working through some issues with the charging function. Any info would help me avoid removing panels and doing a hand-over-hand tracing of wiring. The boat is a 2005 model.
Thanks,
Luke

I think your looking for the impossible my friend. Virtually every boat out there, with the exception of the newer production boats, has had the inverter installed by the owner, or some one he has hired to install it, and they are all done however they wanted to do it. No two will be the same.

Yep....probably so...
Was hoping someone with late model boat may have had reason to tear into their system and had documented the wiring.

If your boat was built by POCTA, they might have a wiring diagram. They include a manual with new boats that includes one. I don't know if they keep records for every boat, or if so how far back they might go. But, it's worth a try.

Jay Bettis might know.

If your boat was built by POCTA, they might have a wiring diagram. They include a manual with new boats that includes one. I don't know if they keep records for every boat, or if so how far back they might go. But, it's worth a try.

This :thumb:. Contact Wilson Lin at POCTA if they built your boat and assuming the inverter isn't aftermarket. His email is on the Defever Cruisers' website and he's very good about replying.

Thanks all....guess I'll get off my lazy butt, pop off a few panel covers, and lay my healing hands on the wiring! The main thing I need to establish is from whence the inverter receives it's 120vac in the charging mode, while running on generator. I should be finished today restoring Salty from all the Harvey preps, so no excuse!

Our vessel has two electrical wiring code listing boards tabulating the wire runs for when vessel left POCTA. One is located under the fly bridge panel wiring enclosure and the other in the ER on the forward bulk head.

As mentioned by Russell, once the boat hit the US several electrical run additions were likely made to the vessel. Thus wire tracing becomes a task.

Jay Bettis might know.

Jay Bettis is a Rock Star of DeFevers he knows everything when it come to them

Back
Top Bottom