View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 02:36 PM   #52
mplangley
Veteran Member

City: Channel Islands
Well - I finally have the necessity for further exploration of my "bad cylinder" problem.

One fine evening a couple of weeks back while leaving the harbor my engine seized. At least thats what appears to have happened.

I have removed my head expecting to find either a damaged #6 piston/cylinder or a stuck valve (causing all my smoke( but as far as I can see there is no apparent damage - at least not to the piston head and not stuck valve. Of course as fate would have it numbers 1 and 6 are at the very top of their cycle so I cannot see either cylinder . On those I can only see the piston heads which look fine though the $6 seems to have more carbon than #1.

Im trying to figure out next steps and what could be causing the engine to not turn over. My connections are all good and the start is definitely attempting to turn the engine. Ive tried wrenching it over on the flywheel but no luck there either.

Any ideas about what I should look at next? My current theory is that its either a bearing or a piece of broken transmission is gumming up the works.

Ive attached some photos of the head bottom (valves). I don't have a lot of experience so I am not sure if it looks good bad or ugly.
Attached Images

mplangley is offline   Reply With Quote