Navtronics plus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TowLou

Vessel Name
Bassey
Vessel Make
17' Bass
What is everyones opinion in real life use of Navtronics plus app on a android device?

With the features of tides and it looks like weather and something about sonar that pulls from other boats linked up.

Plus just a chart constantly updating when in data range.

Lookimg at it amd for 55 the first year may entertain it to add to my phone and play with it on the lake and for the next time i get to go out on the ocean.

What is everyones opinion in real life use of Navtronics plus app on a android device?

With the features of tides and it looks like weather and something about sonar that pulls from other boats linked up.

Lookimg at it amd for 55 the first year may entertain it to add to my phone and play with it on the lake and for the next time i get to go out on the ocean.

Are you talking about Navionics app?

L

Yeah on android. I downloaded the basic looking at it wonder if it's worth it to put on my tablet or phone to try. For 55 bucks and discounted rate in a year but would thephone accept the update if my carrier updated the os within a year.

I just wonder to like other apps when they update the os and there's no more os updates for such model phone or tablet would the navtronics subscription be transferable to a newer model phone or tablet.

Ive had them issues in the past with apps I use for my job making me update my phone before I can break it.

We use it on Apple devices and its great! Especially up here in BC and Alaska.
The Tides and current markers make life so much easier.

Auto route is a great feature also.

We use it on Apple devices and its great! Especially up here in BC and Alaska.
The Tides and current markers make life so much easier.

Auto route is a great feature also.

I put it on my iPad before our recent trip. It is great for planning and
I also like the auto routing feature.

Great app, but wish it has Active Captain for stops along the way.

Does anyone use this for auto routing and transfer it to their Simrad chart plotter?

If we're talking about the navionics android app, ya, its decent. Good to have in the toolbox. I think its less money than that tho?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.navionics.singleAppUsa&hl=en
Yea that app. I see it at 54.99 for initial one year subscription on my phone. I installed it the basic version to look at and i may like the extras. I do not think wrong if it is as informative as it sounds be a good idea to purchase. Im just afraid of the updates in the app if my phone or tablet will not have a new ok update in a year or two making me buy a full version on another phone.

I have the Navionics app on a few devices as a backup for my Simrad gear and generally find it really good.

A couple of years back I sailed a boat from the Victoria (Australia) up the east coast to the Gold Coast in Queensland (around 1000nm) and my iPad was the primary navigation device and it was brilliant.

Ryan

I have the Navionics app on a few devices as a backup for my Simrad gear and generally find it really good.

A couple of years back I sailed a boat from the Victoria (Australia) up the east coast to the Gold Coast in Queensland (around 1000nm) and my iPad was the primary navigation device and it was brilliant.

Ryan
Difderent note love the Gold Coast. Got to get back down there.

With it on different devices did you have to pay for each or lets say if you had a android device (since thats all i deal with not a I anything fan) did you have to pay for it on each if you got the full version? Or having signed into google playstore with one email would allow you to put the full version on all your devices and only pay once.

Ryan

Question for you , seeing how you have Simrad gear and the Navionics.....

Can you create a route on the Navionics App and transfer it to your Simrad?

I put it on my iPad before our recent trip. It is great for planning and
I also like the auto routing feature.
i have it on my iPhone & iPad and in some respects it's better than the Raymarine MFD system. Auto routing is great!:thumb:

Difderent note love the Gold Coast. Got to get back down there.

With it on different devices did you have to pay for each or lets say if you had a android device (since thats all i deal with not a I anything fan) did you have to pay for it on each if you got the full version? Or having signed into google playstore with one email would allow you to put the full version on all your devices and only pay once.

I’m an Apple fan so the devices I have it running on are a couple of a iPads and my iPhone 7 Plus. From memory, I’ve only had to pay/subscribe once for multiple devices but I have some recollection there may be a delineation between the phone and the iPads. I’ve had it for so long I can’t really recall.

The developers seem to be continually improving the product and adding features and functionality all the time which is great to see. Love it on the iPad Pro for sitting at the table planning out and discussing possible movements for extended trips.

Ryan

Question for you , seeing how you have Simrad gear and the Navionics.....

Can you create a route on the Navionics App and transfer it to your Simrad?

Seevee, to be honest, I haven’t actually experimented with this new feature yet. I’ve read the material and it appears that is entirely possible. I will have to have a play.

Ryan

I have been using Navionics on my iPad for several years. It has proven so useful, I now have the iPad permanently mounted at the helm station, and use it in conjunction with Coastal Explorer on my PC and my Raymarine Chartplotter. The Sonar Charts add a whole new dimension of bathymetric information. I use the auto-routing function when i need to change my route mid trip. It is terrific for playing what if questions. It has very good tine and current information. So far it has never lead me astray, and I have used it from Marathon to the Canadian border on Lake Champlain and out to Cape Cod, multiple times.

I have been hired as the navigator on several deliveries on the ICW and also used it delivering boats back from the Bahamas. it can be updated anytime you want to. I generally update it weekly. Two weeks after Hurricane Matthew we were headed south. The Navionics updates were available as soon as the Notice to Mariners were published. Navionics had every buoy on location. It is not perfect, but it is better than Garmin, and better than NOAA ENCs or raster charts.

Navionics Question:

I just reloaded the Navionics on my iPad and am getting no charting. Tried downloading a few times. Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?

Navionics Question:

I just reloaded the Navionics on my iPad and am getting no charting. Tried downloading a few times. Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?

There should be an area in the options that provides the option to 'restore purchases'. That may rectify things for you.

menu - me - subscription

Ryan

There should be an area in the options that provides the option to 'restore purchases'. That may rectify things for you.

menu - me - subscription

Ryan

Ryan,

Tricky, had to delete the app, restart IPad and download again.... and worked, thx.

Can one subscription work on multiple devices?

Have it loaded on 2 iPads, money well spend, as mentioned in other post, does a great job with routing, takes your vessels data (length, width, draft, clearance as well as fuel capacity, consumption and cruise speed) into consideration when routing, identifying potential hazards. If you have the same Apple Account for all devises you can download each for 1 price.

Used the Navionics App more than my Garmin on trip form Miami to Orange Beach!

To answer a few people's questions...
Yes, you can download the Navionics app to more than one device. If you purchase the app through the Apple store then, on your second (or third or fourth) Apple device, just log into the Apple store with the same login you used to purchase. The same goes for the Google Play store.
One caveat is that if you have both an apple device and an android device you will need to purchase both versions as they are actually two separate apps (apple VS Android) so they do not share between Apple and Android devices.
In settings, if you click Sync Data then any way points, routes, etc. That you save on one device will be viewable on your other devices as well (as long as all devices are either Apple or android as discussed above).

As for the price, there are different versions of the app. The versions that are $10 to $15 are for phones and the versions that are. $50 and up are for tablet sized screens (these are the high definition (HD) versions. You can use HD versions on phones but it's best not to try to use the phone versions on tablet sized screens.
What other clarifications can I help with?

To answer a few people's questions...
Yes, you can download the Navionics app to more than one device. If you purchase the app through the Apple store then, on your second (or third or fourth) Apple device, just log into the Apple store with the same login you used to purchase. The same goes for the Google Play store.
One caveat is that if you have both an apple device and an android device you will need to purchase both versions as they are actually two separate apps (apple VS Android) so they do not share between Apple and Android devices.
In settings, if you click Sync Data then any way points, routes, etc. That you save on one device will be viewable on your other devices as well (as long as all devices are either Apple or android as discussed above).

As for the price, there are different versions of the app. The versions that are $10 to $15 are for phones and the versions that are. $50 and up are for tablet sized screens (these are the high definition (HD) versions. You can use HD versions on phones but it's best not to try to use the phone versions on tablet sized screens.
What other clarifications can I help with?
Thank you that was my big question. I understand about paying for android vs ios. I wondered if I could share the subscription across all of my androids.

Yes, you can share it across your androids as long as you are logged into each of the devices with the Google play store email that you first purchased with.

Was my main queation before i did purchase it and play some more for next season. Thats great to know.

Use Garmin Blue Charts.
Runs with Active Captain.
Does not use “Data” while running.
Runs while out of range of cell service.

Use Garmin Blue Charts.
Funny you mention that. I just singed into active captain and started a boat card the other day to see what it has and how to navigate through there.

Use Garmin Blue Charts.
Navionics has Community Edits which is similar to active CAPTAIN. Navionics only uses data while you're downloading the charts, not while running the app. Navionics works great out of frame of cell and wifi. I used it throughout the Caribbean and Bahamas where we could be days and days Sail away from any kind of signal...
Just some info so you can make your own comparison.
Let me know if you have questions or other points of concern.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom