Tips on posting pics.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougd1

Moderator Emeritus
1.* At the bottom of a new post or reply, check the box that says "Attach Image(s)".
2.* Scroll down and click "Browse" to browse to the pic that you want to post.
3.* Keep adding pics below the first pic for multiple pic submission.

The max size is 9,765 kb per pic.* A good reasonable size will be around 1024x768 pixels.* The upload will not be too slow and the quality will be very good.

Good Luck!
smile.gif

-- Edited by dougd1 at 18:01, 2007-10-04

I hope the site works out, will put it on my regular reading schedule.* Here's our ride.

Attachments

• dvc00036.jpg
    dvc00036.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 105
Test test test.

Carey, first off, thanks for your patience.* We're glad you're hangin' in there.* Lemme see if I can go thru this step by step.

Step 1: Check "attach image" in the lower left hand corner.

Step 2: When you do, there will be a section that pops up down below labeld "File Upload".* Clcik the Browse button.

Step 3:*When you click "Browse", what you are actually doing is browsing your own hard drive.* Check the folders that you want to browse and click the photo/file you want.* You have the opportunity to select multiple pics as evidenced by the multiple browse lines.

Step 4: Once you have selected all of the photos you want, click "upload files" bottom center.

Step 5:*After you do that, just hit "submit post".* Simple as that.

Note: If the buttons are appearing but are not "active"(they don't click), that is usually a function of Java.* Java sends out updates almost every week and I know some of us are suspicious of these and don't perform the update.* The above problem is usually a function of not having the most recent updates.* They can be found at Java.com.

Note:The bigger the file is the longer it will take to upload for no real advantage.* All of my pics are less than 100kb and upload in just a few seconds.* If your are trying to upload pics that are up in the megabyte range it can take minutes.* So resizing your pic is advantageous.*

Carey, we hope you get it worked out and let us know what is going on.

John

Hey all you Mac Addicts
********* This site works if you use Firefox, Not Safari! Thanks everyone!

John
*** ** Thanks! Once I switced to firefox, all was fine. I got a photo to attach to the "You show me yours" thread (maybe that's not quite how it was worded). Now I'll see if I can get a photo to attach to all future postings.
*** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** Carey

Carey wrote:

John
*** ** Thanks! Once I switced to firefox, all was fine. I got a photo to attach to the "You show me yours" thread (maybe that's not quite how it was worded). Now I'll see if I can get a photo to attach to all future postings.
*** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** Carey
Awesome!!!!!* Welcome aboard.* I hope you enjoy it and find it easy to use!!!!* I guess we learned something here!!!!

Also, you have a PM(private message).* If you look up near the right hand upper corner you will see "1 new message".

-- Edited by Baker at 21:48, 2007-10-09

This is a test......

I have Windows XP, and all of my photos are about 1.5MB. How do I resize them to your recommended size?
I truly am computer illiterate!
Jon

Jon wrote:

I have Windows XP, and all of my photos are about 1.5MB. How do I resize them to your recommended size?
I truly am computer illiterate!
Jon
Hey Jon,

If you google "pic resizer" it will give you a ton of different free programs that you can download to resize your pics.* I honestly think you can upload a large file but it just takes longer and there is no benefit.* I think it takes longer for us to open it as well.* There is potentially another way to do it by right clicking and then choose "edit" and then you can adjust the "skew" in percentages of size.* Just make sure you do it equally for horizontal and longitudinal or you will have one funny looking picture.* I use "PIXresizer".

http://www.ezresize.com/

Try that.* You are going to have to browse your hard drive for the file you want and then choose the percentage you want to size it to.* I also recommend using a copy so you can maintain the full res original.

-- Edited by Baker at 10:05, 2008-03-18

Many thanks John,
I did the skew thing at 50% squared and it dropped it to 25% of original file size.
Who says us old dogs can't learn new tricks!
(The challenge is to not have to relearn tomorrow!)
Jon

Test

Attachments

• shrunkimage50.jpg
    shrunkimage50.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 128
Sweet!!! What kind of boat is that? It is a looker whatever it is.

"Isle of Skye" is*a 1971 Bruckman designed C&C 37ft trawler???.
I'm told it was commissioned by the commodore of the Royal Canadian Yacht Squadron to use as a committee boat. The hull is patterned on a Nova Scotian lobster boat and is powered by a HT 6354M Perkins which was rebuilt after 14000 hrs. and, hopefully,is on it's next 14K

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom