Cutless Bearing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

psneeld

Guru
Vessel Name
Sold
Vessel Make
Was an Albin/PSN 40
Anyone here know the outside diameter of their cutless bearing for a 1.5 inch shaft, stern bearing carrier (single engine)?

Late 1980s vintage Albin 36, 40 or 43 if a single.

The bearing carrier would look like this on the aft end of the keel.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 355
Your photo looks like a Buck Algonquin 00stbo150. Looks like it would use a 2" od Cutless bearing.

Item # 00stbo150, Bronze Stern Bearing Housings - Oval Flange On Buck Algonquin

Unfortunately that was just stock photo so someone wouldn't send dimensions for a strut bearing.

The Albin forum yeided one probability....but from a 36 footer.... they used the 2 3/8 OD cutless. I will see if there is more of a consensus....

My guess the Taiwan yards copied the Buck A stuff, but got it local or pourded them right at the yard.

Thank you for your effort though!:thumb:

Yea, I don't think you can assume any particular OD. Just try to get your supplier to have on hand the various 1.5 ID with a few different OD's.

2.0" sounds skinny for the 1.5.

Thank you too Ski!

The OD on the cutlass bearing for the 1.5" shaft in my charter boat is 2". But it's in a carbon fiber shaft log. I'm guessing the choices are 2" and 2.25".

Ted

So far Duramax and Morse have 2 and 2 3/8 OD.

The one Albin owner on a 36 used a 2 3/8.

I am betting they used the same on all models, the 36, 40 and rare 43 single. All had similar power with 1.5 inch shafts...as far as I know. I hope that is correct...but making assumptions during a short haulout period can get frustrating.

Can you buy both and return the one you don't use?

Ted

Can you buy both and return the one you don't use?

Ted

Looking at that option with the ships store at the marina.

No shipping and overnight delivery from the local wholesaler so there might be good options.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom