View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 08:47 AM   #9
DHeckrotte
Guru

City: Philadelphia, PA
Vessel Name: Revel
Vessel Model: 1984 Fu Hwa 39
Thank you, Larry and diver dave, and the rest of you.

I have the Perkins wire harness with the cloth-wrapped sections leading from engine to panels on FB and helm. And those annoying blue 6- and 8-pin connectors. All the wire on the engine is bundled with tape.

I have 'surveyed' the panel wiring and plan to draw my own circuit diagram. An interesting widget is the electrical device that allows the alarm to sound with only the affected sensor's light to light (four sensors, four lights, three gauges, only one horn).

I don't have a clue what the lower left symbol is among the four lights; I presume an oil temperature sensor, or the heater which we don't have. It apparently will not sound the alarm.

Some PO has suffered as I am. He lifted the power and ground connections off the engine and starter solenoid and bolted them together 'in space', tagging the bolted connections back to their original connection points. Presumably to make it easier to disassemble/unwire the starter from the engine.

My son, an auto guy, is arriving shortly with his brain, his toys, and his two dogs. Should be quite the zoo with the floor panels out!
DHeckrotte is offline   Reply With Quote