Cuts to NOAA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't have anything messy like scientific evidence get in the way of an agenda...

Can't have anything messy like scientific evidence get in the way of an agenda...

Sorry, if you think noaa does objective science, you've been drinking the kool-aid to long. Leave science to the universities. Noaa number one job is growing themselves, same as most other government agencies. $5.6 Billion for annual budget is insane.

Ted

MurrayM;584236[I said:
]Can't have anything messy like scientific evidence get in the way of an agenda...
[/I]

"Racist":whistling::rofl::D Hi Murray-:flowers: Nice to see you returned from your voyage. So we will receive a report? Knowing you guys had good weather, the trip must have been a 'hoot'.:thumb:

I agree more with Ted in that politics have influenced not only NOAA, but every department. I don't mean in "Love President_______ Or hate President______. more it reflects the changing social structure as it pretains to debate. There is very little in play as the use of harsh adjectives take the place of 'Science'. My personal observation.

"Sorry, if you think noaa does objective science, you've been drinking the kool-aid to long. Leave science to the universities. Noaa number one job is growing themselves, same as most other government agencies. $5.6 Billion for annual budget is insane."

Ted

You found humor in using that word?

Yep:thumb:, sure do, Not one to be flummoxed by the current efforts to change history.:banghead: It is what it is. Best way to address all of this emotional carrying on is to laugh at it. So I do.:lol::lol:

Al-Ketchikan

Yep:thumb:, sure do, Not one to be flummoxed by the current efforts to change history.:banghead: It is what it is. Best way to address all of this emotional carrying on is to laugh at it. So I do.:lol::lol:

Al-Ketchikan

Well, I must go on record that I find no humor in racism and not talking about history but talking about today.

Guys...we all know where this is headed and it's not "general discussion"

Oh oh Al. You ticked off the political cops. Management will not tolerate that.

Understood Tom, It was not unexpected yet I acknowledge the result(s) as anticipated when I hit 'send'. The point of OTDE is taken. Different views of how 'Humor' is defined. Life goes on. it is what it is.
The more important point is that Murray has provided some outstanding photos of an area of country that many boaters pass and may not be aware of the beauty. I am sure had you two not been in forced layover would or could have taken advantage of a day or two in this area. Murray from his location that would appear to be somewhat isolated, has exposed that he can and does take advantage of the opportunities.

Regards,
Al

Wow, only 5.6 billion budget...no wonder the weather station in Marathon has been out of service for almost a year!!...lol

It's an old game. When you want more money, you take away from the things that the common folk want. When they scream, the agency just points at the funding cuts and says,"if we only had a little more money". Same thing happened during the sequester cuts, they took man power away from the vessel documentation center. They new if we had to wait 6 to 9 months for our documents, we scream until the house and Senate heard us.

Ted

Back
Top Bottom