View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
Edelweiss
Guru

City: PNW
Vessel Model: 1976 Californian Tricabin LRC
RE: Safe & secure on a state parks mooring bouy?

I was in Eagle Harbor on Cypress Island two weeks ago hanging on one of the DNR bouys. *On the low tide, we only had 6 feet of water and you could see all the way down to the cap on the screw anchors and they were heavy chain from top to bottom.

Incidentally, I heard from a friend at DNR that they are looking for a method of charging for use of their bouys, like State Parks is doing. *Annual permit or a daily use charge, but they have no docks or the infrastructure to collect the on site fees yet.

They have gone permit crazy in Washington State. *Currently State parks has a per use charge for docks and bouys or an annual marine permit (by the boat length), $150 for me. They have a new permit (Horizons Permit $30) for the access to all State Parks and a seperate permit to park your car in a State fishing access parking lot. If you set a private anchor bouy in front of your water front property you have to have a DNR permit for that.

I have no problem paying for the use of their facilities, but couldn't they have one permit that covers it all??

Larry B
Edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote