American Magazine News and Spray magazines.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

User915

"American Marine News" was the official magazine of Grand Banks' owners & for people interested in Grand Banks. Grand Banks fans can find great oldies pictures also topics as cruising stories around the world and maintenance tips. Discontinued in 1998, it was replaced by "Spray" magazine in mid 2002.

American Marine News volumes 5 to 24 & Spray can be downloaded from Grandbanks website, as well from my personal Dropbox cloud for ease of downloading and reading.

Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life

Attachments

• Image29.jpg
    Image29.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 209
I know this is an older post but thanks for putting up the drop box link. Great reading, all in one place. Appreciate it!

Hey ! How did you guys have these two line drawings done?
Oliver I like the cup in your profile icon showing a line drawing of what I guess is your own boat. That sounds perfect to us how could I figure out a way to order similar customized GB Coffee Mugs? Your thoughts Oliver? Any help would be really appreciated.
Mike & Ann

Mike:
I took a copy of a ling drawing that I got, I believe, on the Grand Banks Owners Association website. I think it is in their library of documents. Then I used some mediocre Photoshop skills and customized it to match my boat. Shortened the mast, added the davit, took out the curly-q teak detail on the bow pulpit because I have the stainless steel package not teak hand rails, added my boat name to the nav boards, added the blue canvas up top...lets see...what else. Made the antennas match mine and changed the radar placement. I didn't add the dinghy as I like the look without it. I think thats about it. That's how I got mine. If you get a profile picture there is software, Photoshop for one, that will do a line drawing of the picture. It is sort of hard to get someone to hold the boat up all the way out of the water for the picture though. :)

Last edited:
Mike:
I took a copy of a ling drawing that I got, I believe, on the Grand Banks Owners Association website. I think it is in their library of documents. Then I used some mediocre Photoshop skills and customized it to match my boat. Shortened the mast, added the davit, etc. I have the stainless steel package so I don't have the teak curly-q off of the bow pulpit. Little things like that I changed. I did add my boat name to the nav boards as well. That's how I got mine.

Thanks, Good job first base
Any suggestions for customized coffee mug? I'm wondering where did OMC get it

Here is a .pdf file of a GB-42 line drawing.

Attachments

• 42 GB PROFILE.pdf
    13.8 KB · Views: 98
I have been searching for the same. I found numerous places that let you upload a JPG or similar to customize their products of which there are about a million. Got side tracked from the custom cup purchase when I found a pretty nice custom flag company. Upload a picture and they make a little, or big, flag. Was uploading drawings of a Black Eyed Susan flower (that's the name of our boat). Played around with that for a while and haven't gone back to my cup search yet. A custom flag with a Black Eyed Susan. How foo-foo is that?!?! I'm ashamed of me sometimes. :)

Here is a .pdf file of a GB-42 line drawing.

Yep, that's the one. Send me a pic of your boat and I will see what I can do. Is yours a fairly standard 42'? The most time consuming part of doing mine was the mast shortening and davit. However, only took a night or two. Playing around with Photoshop is a small hobby, I enjoy it.

There are a few businesses in our area that will embroider any clothing or screen print any object, including coffee cups. Call a local embroidery business and ask them if they offer that service. They can do your "art work" for you or you can bring in a pre-existing piece that they can scan.

First base I would be very grateful if you would share the custom flag company contact.

Cool beans...! I was going to on Saturday night and got sidetracked on something so never finished. Had saved my design so will order one to check out quality. Also curious on how good their printing techniques are and how long it will last in South Florida sun. We have to have covers for the covers. It won't be a permanent fixture, outside all the time, but brought down after using the boat. I would imagine getting a custom embroidered one would be a much larger amount of money.

Let me know your initial review and how it goes with yours.

Cool beans...! I was going to on Saturday night and got sidetracked on something so never finished. Had saved my design so will order one to check out quality. Also curious on how good their printing techniques are and how long it will last in South Florida sun. We have to have covers for the covers. It won't be a permanent fixture, outside all the time, but brought down after using the boat. I would imagine getting a custom embroidered one would be a much larger amount of money.

Let me know your initial review and how it goes with yours.

I will let you know on how they are coping with sun and wind.

"American Marine News" was the official magazine of Grand Banks' owners & for people interested in Grand Banks. Grand Banks fans can find great oldies pictures also topics as cruising stories around the world and maintenance tips. Discontinued in 1998, it was replaced by "Spray" magazine in mid 2002.

American Marine News volumes 5 to 24 & Spray can be downloaded from Grandbanks website, as well from my personal Dropbox cloud for ease of downloading and reading.

Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life

Sorry I've sent you private messages regarding two questions
it should be in your inbox, you'd check.
Thanks.

Mike, did you ever get the flags? Interested in your review of the initial quality...not that I am using you as the Guinea Pig before I purchase or anything. I would never do that, take advantage of someone. :)

Wanted to ask about the first entry in this thread, accessing "American Marine News." I am unable to access the dropbox link nor find it on GB site or GB owners.

Schmidty, just went back to the link I saved and same result. Apparently something changed and it is gone. Hopefully we can get a redirect or new link.

Back
Top Bottom