ONAN 15.0 GEN help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tempman

Hello everyone, I am new on this thread and im hoping someone could help me with this.
I had a tenant that left a Onan 15.0 MDJF in my garage after they moved out. I asked them to remove and never did, this was around 3 years ago now.

Now I've been doing a bit of research on this thing and seem to be pretty expensive. I am not sure if it runs or how to even test it, but I'm looking to sell it ASAP. if anyone interested or can guide to how and where to sale it as is, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• tag.jpg
    tag.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 53
I have an Onan 14kw. If it runs and makes power its worth $1500+ depending on condition. If it's non running or unknown condition, maybe $500 for parts. Onan doesn't make it easy to rebuild older generator sets. Parts are often a hunt. Onan (Cummings) prefers to sell a new engine rather than rebuild parts. And they really prefer to sell a whole new set. I'll never have another Onan.
If possible get it running, take pictures from all angles and list it on Ebay.

Good idea Lepke, I'm going to do a bit more research to see how to get it running. I've never worked on anything like this but am very mechanical. So any hints on where to look please post them.

We called them a bucket of rocks. Usually reliable and long lived, but rough and crude and noisy. Production of that unit ended over thirty years ago and some parts will be difficult to find. Get it some battery, fuel and water and you can see if it runs and makes power. Still not highly valuable either way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom