Old 08-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #39
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
RE: Where to start?

Quote:
Badger wrote:
Our "plan" is to spend a lot of time as a family cruising, no tv, no Internet and phones for used for emergencies. Call me kooky, but i want my family to be very tight knit. Thankfully even though we both work, we both have jobs that allow longer vacations/weekends. We moved from Colorado a year ago. If web stayed in Colorado, I would not be here, but in an RV forum asking questions.
Badger - I understand and appreciate*your "family"*cruising plan!* Although we are in early 60's and our kids (mid 30's to early 40's) have families established; they occasionally*come with their kids*to visit on our Tolly where we anchor out and swim, lounge or play with our tow behind speed boat.* When aboard, we still don't*include any*TV or computer and I use cell for conference biz calls, when necessary.* We do bring a good selection of movies to watch at night and games for da grand kids.* You and family should experience grand times aboard.** Visiting locals, as you stay in an area, gives great opp to bicycle with the family to see the area.* Inexpensive, good exercise and great way for a close knit family tour! - Art*
Art is offline   Reply With Quote