View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 07:56 AM   #16
Capstan

City: Exumas
Vessel Name: Bad Monkey
Vessel Model: Gulf Star 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink View Post
7/5/2017 Headed for Dog River Marina in Mobile, Alabama. Mississippi Sound is still rough. Mobile bay is even worse. Made it to Dog River where I will take a little break, go home and go to the cardiologist for my yearly checkup. I’ll also lose my crew member Danny as he has to get back and tend to his business. Thanks Danny! Been running the boat at 1600 rpm. 1600 seems to be the sweet spot. Not gulping fuel any more. Still need to test a little more in the river system where there is not as much wind and current (hopefully). Arrived at Dog River Marina at 5:30 p.m. Took on 139 gallons of fuel at $2.37 per gallon. Fuel is getting more expensive but I’m burning less. Boat is safely tied and under cover. Learned that Sonny Middleton, who owned Dog River Marina, passed away in April. He was a good man and it was an honor to have known him. He will be missed.
Hi Tink,
Just getting back to the forum and catching up. Looks like things have been going well. Thanks for the photos and updates.
1600rpm is where I run the old girl and she seems happy. 8 knots is what we seem to get on those revs. You have the 4 blade, the same as our props so you should get around that with clean props etc.
Sorry to hear about your friend.
Hope that checkup was a "all good" diagnosis and that you will be back to the boat soon.
Regards

"Eagles may soar, but monkeys don't get sucked into jet engines!"
Capstan is offline   Reply With Quote