N37 Insandity delivering Jefferson bourbon to NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HenryD

Vessel Name
Seven Tenths (sold)
Vessel Make
Mirage / Great Harbour 47
N37 Insandity loaded two kegs of Jefferson bourbon in Ft. Lauderdale Florida and will be delivering it to NYC. They explained the master distiller is experimenting on getting the flavor of bourbon that has been transported by water vs trucked over land. The last Jefferson bourbon shipped via water to NYC was over 150 yrs ago.

Attachments

• Insandity kegs.jpg
    Insandity kegs.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 304
Tap one of those kegs and enjoy it on the water. Bet it taste better on the boat!
For medicinal purposes of course.

Save some for Maine. I'll take delivery.

Got to see Insanity and the Bourbon barrels yesterday at the Great Harbour Trawler Association (GHTA) meeting at New Bern NC. Great story about the barrels and the N37 was a great boat to transport the barrels for the Fort Lauderdale to NYC leg of the trip. We also saw the barrels on a center console boat at MM 791 on the Ohio river (Inland Marina) on the initial leg of the trip from KY to NYC. Was a great site to see!

Attachments

• IMG_8657.jpg
    IMG_8657.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_8658.jpg
    IMG_8658.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 243
Interstingly...I met the owner and distiller of Jefferson last year at a pairing dinner and suggested this very thing....even offered to take a cask accross an ocean once we have our boat...

Ch

Running the ditch ain't gonna stir those kegs one bit!!!!

New Bern applying for name change to New Bourbon. Celebrations will include much toasting with a certain fortified drink.

How heavy is each keg? That seems like a lot of weight all on the port side on the flybridge for a 37' boat.

South of Heaven,
The owner contacted the builder who advised him where to place the barrels. The barrels are 50 gallons each (except for the Angels share). With the barrel and steel cage, I think they weigh about three people each. The boat rides fine with them up top. He has a motorized scooter and his dink & crane on the starboard side.

South of Heaven,
The owner contacted the builder who advised him where to place the barrels. The barrels are 50 gallons each (except for the Angels share). With the barrel and steel cage, I think they weigh about three people each. The boat rides fine with them up top. He has a motorized scooter and his dink & crane on the starboard side.

Okay, thanks.

Thanks for that linky IslandB!

I served up a bottle of Jefferson when I bought my boat, great stuff!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom