Trawler Forum not downloading properly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weebobby

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Painters Cove
Vessel Make
1997 Bayliner 5788
Lately while trying to access the forum, the photo header does not download to my computer so IE always shows "1 item remaining, waiting for wbsite"

It never loads therefore *slowing everything down and eventually freezing up.

This does not happen on any other forum that I access. Have checked my IE settings but not sure what I should be looking for.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Not loading for me either, I just get a little international "no" symbol. But hey,* I prefer it. That dammed picture takes up* half the page, and the stickys take up the other half. Looks like the link has been broken; the picture isn't where it used to be any longer. Probably not your machine.

Sorry about the picture folks. I am out of the country but I will get a new one up once I get back in town.

My bad. It appears that when I shutdown the MYBoomarang web site it had contained the header image.* We are not graphic artists here at TF and welcome any samples that you think may look better on this site.

Those same 5 boats have been anchored at the top of this page for over 3 years and 60% of them have moved on to new owners.* The other 40% are owned by people that rarely visit this site.

Please, send us your best ideas!
smile.gif

Thanks Doug

Everything now works perfectly here at this end, even faster than before!!

Regards

Bob

Let's start that contest we talked about. Give the members 30 days to give us their best shots and the 4 of us pick the one that best personifies the forum. Any chance we can get a prize from someone?

-- Edited by GonzoF1 on Sunday 21st of August 2011 06:34:04 PM

Best shots? OH..pix. How about we do away with the banner pic and just have "TrawlerForum.com" as a banner and recover 1/3 of the visible page?

Keith, it takes about 5% of mine. Are you on a phone perhaps??? Anyway, I like this header contest idea!!! Maybe the winner gets a t-shirt???

I'm on my PC, and the photo header takes half the page. Add in a bunch of sticky's, and you can't see any posts until you scroll down.

Keith wrote:
I'm on my PC, and the photo header takes half the page. Add in a bunch of sticky's, and you can't see any posts until you scroll down.
*Ditto on my Mac....exactly half a page taken up by header & stickies.

Maybe I oughtta send a team over there to help you scroll down....heaven forbid!!!!.....;-)

Better call the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmbulance.

Back
Top Bottom