View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 05:29 PM   #11
kthoennes
Guru

City: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Vessel Name: Xanadu
Vessel Model: Mainship 37 Motor Yacht
We did our financing through a local credit union and it was a breeze with a relatively low rate, but then we have a good relationship with that credit union. They didn't really have a category for boats as big as ours so they put it in the same category as a land-RV for financing purposes. (I was shocked at how long people are allowed to finance RV's, and how much they're allowed to borrow.) Ours was a relatively small amount at a low rate for a short term. We only financed about a third of its current value and we'll never be upside down which helps the approval of course.

Can't speak to the rental property angle or how most lending institutions count rental income. I do happen to work in a courthouse though and I've seen far too many eviction and small claims cases for property damage to ever become a landlord, but then my perspective is skewed. I only see the cases when it goes sour. Lots of people manage rental property and make a good income I know (if everything works out), but I never would.
kthoennes is offline   Reply With Quote