Porta bote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbtapper

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Lady Maria
Vessel Make
1987 CT 35 Sundeck
Anyone using a Porta bote as the dink and how do you secure it to the mothership??
Looks like some of the snap davit systems could work on the swim platform. Also saw a net affair that might work as well.
Seems some mfgs are mis informed about Porta botes they do NOT fold up if on their side so davit systems could work fine.
Just looking for real worl experiences
Thanks��

Anyone using a Porta bote as the dink and how do you secure it to the mothership??
Looks like some of the snap davit systems could work on the swim platform. Also saw a net affair that might work as well.
Seems some mfgs are mis informed about Porta botes they do NOT fold up if on their side so davit systems could work fine.
Just looking for real worl experiences
Thanks��

Correct, they don't fold up if on their side and the thwarts are in. We frequently tow ours, but only tucked up tight to the stern on a six inch painter. Don't need or have davits so can't comment on that.

How difficult is it to fold and unfold the porta bote while on the boat? I have a 34’ Nordic Tug so I have some sun deck space. I’ve been slow to acquire a dinghy but am wondering if this is a good solution- keep folded up attached to the rails while not in use. Pros and cons would be appreciated.

How difficult is it to fold and unfold the porta bote while on the boat? I have a 34’ Nordic Tug so I have some sun deck space. I’ve been slow to acquire a dinghy but am wondering if this is a good solution- keep folded up attached to the rails while not in use. Pros and cons would be appreciated.

This should answer your question.

Oh, my! A picture says 1,000 words. Thanks for the laughs and advice.

Back
Top Bottom