American Tug 395, hull #12...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As Bruce posted earlier, she is back together again.

https://brucebeard.com/2017/06/14/putting-her-back-together/

And seven days after she arrived at New England Boatworks, we had our first sunset cruise on the bay.

https://brucebeard.com/2017/06/16/♬-on-the-road-bay-again-♬/

Wifey B: I think I saw how much the flybridge was loved about 79 times or something but they are so incredible. We love them for real serious cruising. Unfortunately, our fast boat doesn't have one. :)

Hanging out in Block Island on a wet and rainy day. Dorsey and the pups are looking very comfy.
Bruce

Attachments

• IMG_1686.jpg
    IMG_1686.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 108
Hanging out in Block Island on a wet and rainy day. Dorsey and the pups are looking very comfy.
Bruce

Wifey B: Now the world of Bruce and Dorsey is right. :D

We're far far far far away from home. :blush:

We very much want to visit Mystic Seaport and haven't made it yet. The entire museum interests us, but especially the William Garden Collection. 674 of his designs are in the library there.

Mystic is one of my favorite memories as a kid. Very cool place. When I was about 10 years old I listened to the first moon landing with a group of people gathered around a transistor radio on the Mystic pier surrounded by historic sailing ships.

That is pretty amazing Dave.
Very cool memory...
Bruce

We very much want to visit Mystic Seaport and haven't made it yet. The entire museum interests us, but especially the William Garden Collection. 674 of his designs are in the library there.

We simply love the place. We've been taking trips here by car and by boat for 20 years as a couple and never tire of the experience.
Bruce

We simply love the place. We've been taking trips here by car and by boat for 20 years as a couple and never tire of the experience.
Bruce

Maybe we should include it on our next trip up the coast. Sure a long narrow channel in.

Bruce, we just arrived on LI Sound. Will you be out cruising through the weekend? I send you a PM.

We left a day early to get out ahead of that same storm. Currently in Boothbay Harbor. Headed for Camden Maine tomorrow. Plan to stay a few days. Let me know if you're going to be in the area.

Ken

We left a day early to get out ahead of that same storm. Currently in Boothbay Harbor. Headed for Camden Maine tomorrow. Plan to stay a few days. Let me know if you're going to be in the area.

Ken

We will definitely be close behind you.
We are visible on AIS. If we get close please say hi!
Bruce

We will definitely be close behind you.
We are visible on AIS. If we get close please say hi!
Bruce

We will be in the general area for the next 10 days or so. Camden, Vinalhaven, Wiscasset, Robinhood, Harpswell.

Ken

Last week in Key West we were fortunate to meet our good friends Bruce and Dorsey.

As well as enjoying them very much, they did us the honors of their gorgeous new American Tug boat Esmeralde.

Esmeralde is awesome. At this level of quality I am aware that every detail has been elaborated and thoroughly explored by Bruce and Dorsey then crafted. With the benefit of their huge experience in boating and sailing also thanks to their vision, the outcome of that is a boat of top quality with premium upgrades, defined by performance at sea, onboard comfort and owner-operator capability.

Our sincere congratulations on this outstanding project achievement by two very talented and great persons.

Attachments

• 2F591F76-8F47-439A-9E98-7600CE4D0079.jpg
    2F591F76-8F47-439A-9E98-7600CE4D0079.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 81D17CD9-F458-4E20-A47A-B913CE1C88CF.jpg
    81D17CD9-F458-4E20-A47A-B913CE1C88CF.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 69
Last week in Key West we were fortunate to meet our good friends Bruce and Dorsey.

As well as enjoying them very much, they did us the honors of their gorgeous new American Tug boat Esmeralde.

Esmeralde is awesome. At this level of quality I am aware that every detail has been elaborated and thoroughly explored by Bruce and Dorsey then crafted. With the benefit of their huge experience in boating and sailing also thanks to their vision, the outcome of that is a boat of top quality with premium upgrades, defined by performance at sea, onboard comfort and owner-operator capability.

Our sincere congratulations on this outstanding project achievement by two very talented and great persons.

Wifey B: They knew what they wanted and how to get it and worked hard to insure they would. Chose a good builder who delivered. Now, their shipping company......well, um....if I recall some hiccups crossing the country but all ended well. :D

Wifey B: They knew what they wanted and how to get it and worked hard to insure they would. Chose a good builder who delivered. Now, their shipping company......well, um....if I recall some hiccups crossing the country but all ended well. :D

You are right.
The lesson in this is that they have successfully implemented a strategy often defined by the expression "Think global, Act local", which was to keep in mind their global objectives at every level of detail :thumb:.

Still about Bruce and Dorsey,

They were recently interviewed for an article about “fast trawlers” in Soundings magazine, a boating magazine distributed in the United States. I have included screen shots of the pages in the article that talk about them.

I was so pleased for them.

Congratulations for a well-deserved recognition.

Attachments

• A78BB532-24C2-4FB4-BB98-D496FBCF0797.jpg
    A78BB532-24C2-4FB4-BB98-D496FBCF0797.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 40
  • D5217C4D-FEB7-44F9-AE4C-117FD040CF41.jpg
    D5217C4D-FEB7-44F9-AE4C-117FD040CF41.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 1EAEC5B5-411E-4F0B-AA46-A69153BD1197.jpg
    1EAEC5B5-411E-4F0B-AA46-A69153BD1197.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts

Back