View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 03:42 PM   #2
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
Vessel Name: Beachcomber
Vessel Model: Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge
Unfortunately for our neighbors and the U21 crew, on thesecond lap of the race a blade came off the prop, tore off the rudder assemblyand punched a few holes in the boat. Theboat started to sink and the driver was forced to jump in the water. The boat didn't sink and was towed back tothe pits where it was raised out of the water. They inspected the damage, determined that it couldn't be fixed on thespot so that spelled the end of racing for the weekend.

The temps were pushing real hard on 100* so we left thepits, headed for home and jumped in the pool.

Sunday we spent the day at some friends’ house to watchthe races. They live right on the river,directly in front of turn 3 which is a great place to watch from. They have an annual party on their coveredbalcony and it’s the same group of friends and relatives every year. Everyone brought food dishes to share, theowner of the house cooked a couple of briskets on his Treager and, needless tosay, nobody went hungry.

I have some videos that I took, but they’re on my cameraand I’ll have to transfer them to my laptop and upload them. More to follow……..