Mainship 400 Interior Choices Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamoore

Veteran Member
Hello: New guy here looking to join the Trawler World. My wife and I have looked at a couple boats and are currently looking at some 2004-400 Mainships. Some looking has been on line but on one we visited in person, my wife says the interior wood is a lighter color. I am not sure it is just not the difference in cameras for the on-line photos. Did Mainship offer different interior wood choices for 2004? If they did that might help me target the right interior for her in our search. ( I hope they only offered one choice to broaden our choices in available boats). I figured if anyone knew I would find them here. Thanks, Joe

When I was boat shopping a while back I saw two 2005 Mainship 400's that had drastically different interior wood colours. Although I believe they were both cherry interiors, one was light an natural looking while the other was stained a deep chestnut red colour. No idea if they both came from the factory that way.

they did not offer any wood options. there may be some variations from boat to boat but that is just the luck of the draw,
John

Interiors can and are often changed to suit the tastes of the new owner. Focus more on the integrity of the vessel. ie: engine, electronics, etc. Interiors are changed all the time and I suspect any vessel you chose will under go some type of interior re-decorating.

Interiors can and are often changed to suit the tastes of the new owner. Focus more on the integrity of the vessel. ie: engine, electronics, etc. Interiors are changed all the time and I suspect any vessel you chose will under go some type of interior re-decorating.

I completely agree. Stain color would not be a deciding factor for me in the used boat market. Like buying a house because you like the color they painted room(s).

Mine is kind of a medium color cherry and I love it. Don't like it real dark, and this is fine.

I'm considering pulling the carpet and put in a teak look a like pvc or vinyl product.

IMG_6072.jpg

Back
Top Bottom