Chesapeake Bay Advisory.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course! Stay off the Bay on Thursday...:)

Wifey B: They should pay the surcharge and refill it with Champagne. :D

Everyone will be able to clean their bottom Bay of Fundy style.

We were up there last year. As hot as it's been the last couple of weeks Maine or north of would be the place to be.

Wifey B: Wow. We haven't been there yet but 56 ft tides? That's unreal. All I can say is :censored::censored::censored:

With your speedy cruiser, what's the big deal? ;)

In Anchorage, Ak, the USCG ships wouldn't tie up for the night as more than a fair share of crewman had to stay aboard to tend dock lines which cut into decent liberty... :D

With your speedy cruiser, what's the big deal? ;)

In Anchorage, Ak, the USCG ships wouldn't tie up for the night as more than a fair share of crewman had to stay aboard to tend dock lines which cut into decent liberty... :D

Wifey B: Haven't made it to Anchorage yet either. I'm just imagining docking with a 56' tide.

I just found a dock in St. John, NB. 8 meter tide. They have floating and fixed docks. I want to see that. I don't see the docks on google. I found a boat ramp in Harbourville. I still can't figure it out but it's only usable two hours before or after high tide.

This is interesting. Do you feel the tide rising and lowering if you're in a boat? I mean more than normal tidal water. Even 40 or 50'. That's 3 or 4 ft an hour. That could be a foot every 15 minutes. I see why it's called one of the seven wonders of North America. The other six I knew about but this is new to me. Thanks guys for tossing it out there. :)

Just finished my lunch, time for more fun. :)

I dont think you feel it as much as a wake.

Unless your lines or docks hang, it should be like a very slow elevator.

OMG... what were they thinking??? All that bleach and Oxiclean is gonna kill off all the shellfish!:facepalm: So start harvesting all the crabs your sinks and bathtubs will hold NOW!!

True story...
10-15 years ago, a major push to clean up a harbor in SoCal was so successful that all the bottom vegetation that had been home to a number of sea life species died of malnutrition, totally destroying the ecosystem there and forcing a mass evacuation of all sea life to find more hospitable waters. They'd turned the harbor into what amounted to a sparkling clean swimming pool.

I may be able to retrieve all those hats, keys and sunglasses lost overboard!

I may be able to retrieve all those hats, keys and sunglasses lost overboard!

LOL...Yeah...I think I've got a few of those over the years in the Bay!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom