New here: Strange questions about bottom trawling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JP869

Hi everyone,

I have some what might seem to be strange questions about trawling. If anyone can help me answer these I will be highly appreciative.

1. How long do bottom trawlers in Australia spend trawling at any one time?
2. Off which areas/coasts of Australia does bottom trawling occur?
3. What is done to rare fish (bycatch?), and is it purchasable? (dead)

Thanks to anyone that can offer help.

JP, the forum name might be misleading you. Someone may know something and respond, but our "trawlers" are recreational pleasure boats, some of which look "trawlerish".

Google "trolling" instead my friend!

Hi everyone,

I have some what might seem to be strange questions about trawling. If anyone can help me answer these I will be highly appreciative.

1. How long do bottom trawlers in Australia spend trawling at any one time? 1 to 3 days
2. Off which areas/coasts of Australia does bottom trawling occur? Its possible to catch fish out of any city/town on the Australian coast .
3. What is done to rare fish (bycatch?), and is it purchasable? (dead) Pretend they don't exist and dump them back dead

Thanks to anyone that can offer help.

Q:: Why do you ask ?

Welcome aboard even if you may not be where you expect
Usually our trawlers are not bottom trawlers or we may be in trouble. About rare fish, the only one I caught I married her and she is not for sale :D

L.

Q:: Why do you ask ?

I'll second that question. This sounds like an 'environmentalist' trolling for information for propaganda.

There was one on the sister-site "Cruisers Forum" recently trying to build a case for the carbon footprint impact of holding tanks.

Back
Top Bottom