Old Perkins Parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Willy
Vessel Make
Willard Nomad 30'
Have a Willard friend (PNW) that is having trouble finding old Perkins parts .. engine circ water pump to be specific.

Seems to me Stewart's on Leary Way in Seattle had a pile of old engines and parts. I think they went bye bye and someone bought them out. Is that true and where are all the parts they had? There's probably others too.

My friend is getting a pump from Florida. Must be a source closer ...

Funny you should post this, I just swapped mine out on the port side.

Over a year ago, I got an original Perkins pump from dock call in Annapolis, md. He was parting out a couple old 6.354s as well. not closer for you though.

The common parts that fail in a pump, seals and bearings, are available for almost any pump. Not necessarily from the OEM, but bearing suppliers. Unless the housing is ruined, the pump can be rebuilt. My Perkins 4108 pump is rebuildable and easy to get basic repair parts. Older service manuals show how the pumps come apart. Most can be done with an arbor press or hand tools. I rebuild mine.
Anything mechanical can be rebuilt. How do you suppose antique engines are made to run again?

Perkins is Massey-Ferguson tractor. Except for marine specific parts, go to your local MF farm machinery dealer.

When I had a T6354 I got a circulation pump from a tractor dealer. It`s not a marinizing part.

OK good all,
Looks like we have two good sources.

He's broke down in West Sound (San Juans) and comming in on a ferry I think. Talking to his wife already at home in Everett.
I suggested he check his heat exchanger tubes. Maybe I'll go out there w hin next week.
There is a Massey Furguson tractor store in Burlington wa.

Last edited:
Make sure your friend has a standard rotating engine if you're going to source the non marinied parts. My 6-354 is a right-hand turning engine so some parts I've replaced are different including the circulating pump & the starter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom