Oliver Boat/Dinghy Cheap Tender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kurt.reynolds

Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
1982 Grand Banks Motoryacht
I searched and don't see any discussion around the Oliver Dinghy. Basically a plastic boat, resembles an inflatable in shape. $1395 and holds an 8hp motor.

Anyone have any experience? Here is the website.

Worth looking at. I'm getting worn out patching my inflatable. The Al version is out of my price range.

Don't know about this craft, but my HDPE kayaks are virtually indestructible.

Double walled poly dinghies are near indestructible, but they are heavy. Some I used got water between the 2 skins, that makes them very heavy. They are popular with charters here because of their durability, not that brand of course.

The Oliver is too small (have on that size) and the Bull Frog is way too heavy....

Many folks find a used aluminum skiff ideal.

They actually can be rowed , powered with almost anything gas or electric , and seldom get stolen.

Many folks find a used aluminum skiff ideal.

They actually can be rowed , powered with almost anything gas or electric , and seldom get stolen.

Are you referring to a regular like 10' aluminum v-bottom skiff, did not think of that really.

Kurt

You mean like this: IMG_0840.JPG

"Are you referring to a regular like 10' aluminum v-bottom skiff, did not think of that really."

They work fine , but are heavier for higher speeds than the square bowed boats.

Most are light enough to plane with a 6-10HP depending om crew load.

Big expense (and some added weight) is required for good rub rails , alluminum eats GRP.

Perimeter Gunnel Guard 3/4 Round

Yes defender is $10.00 per foot , but it seems the best I have used .

Back
Top Bottom