View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 08:32 PM   #16
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Whatever you do, don't install them like this guy. This is a transom waiting to rot!

I would consider an above-waterline transom hole only because I have a solid FRP transom and the ability to hide the wires under the swimstep. I think they'd be a great help when operating by dingy at night.

I also have one of those portable fishing lights with a 12V plug. I'm going to try that as a night lighting aid when using the dink this summer. It's not LED, but it'll work as an experiment. I have a portable battery pack to provide the 12V power.

With inductive power, why do we have to drill a hole to power an LED light? Why can't we wire a power puck to the inside of the hull and have the electricity inductively transmitted into the receiving light fixture? I charge my toothbrush this way and all it takes is a small battery for operation. Charge during the day (if needed) and operate at night. Would the transmitted power cause electrolysis?

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote