I Think I'm Going To Be Sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow!!! It left me speechless. I can't imagine how helpless that crew must have felt. Do you know if everyone got off safely?

I can't see for sure, but it doesn't look like they deployed the anchor, maybe they lost all power/electrics?

It was in 20143. More from LiveLeak

Yacht ''Pepe e Sale'' sinking after failure of both engines.
Yacht''Pepe e Sale&quot' after failure of both engines. The boat isdrifting down to the ground on the pier of the port of Brindisi (Italy) after several attempts to tow by a fishing vessel and a patrol boat. The two sailors on board are saved by jumping into the sea, the skipper remains on board until the last and died of cardiac arrest shortly after being brought ashore by rescue teams.

Wind 25 knots and rough seas between the emergency radio call and the crash to the ground seems to be after about an hour.

Too bad they didn't have ground tackle that could hold the boat.

Captain's last words before leaving the dock, "Anchor? We don't need no stinky anchor."

I can't see for sure, but it doesn't look like they deployed the anchor, maybe they lost all power/electrics?

Do people really have 100% power dependent anchor deployment systems :eek:

Do people really have 100% power dependent anchor deployment systems :eek:

I am embarrassed to admit that up until last week I had never hand deployed my anchor. The only reason I did it was I realized that I really should and I did it at the dock when I was trying to untwist my rode. At least I knew where the clutch bar was. :)

I am embarrassed to admit that up until last week I had never hand deployed my anchor. The only reason I did it was I realized that I really should and I did it at the dock when I was trying to untwist my rode. At least I knew where the clutch bar was. :)

Best place to learn!

Some of the Facebook posts said the boat was stolen. The thieves were apparently running the show although I didn't read all the posts.

The yacht was chartered from a San Marino charter company by a Russian. They started from a marina in Rimini. They stopped in Brindisi and the yacht left the marina of Brindisi at 5:30 am.

GENOA had stolen the yacht Pepe e Sale (Salt and Pepper) which hit the Punta Riso dam in Brindisi. This is confirmed by an operation of the Ligurian police who tells of a international traffic of stolen yachts in which also was involved Alessandro Colangeli, skipper, 59-year old, Salt and Pepper died as a result of the sinking . The name of Colangeli appears among the suspects for the theft on commission for the Arab market and Eastern Europe. Police arrested seven people, a band specializing which was also part of a Foggia police officer in charge of revealing details about the investigation, and now accused of corruption.

At the head of the organization: the Calabrian Sergio Bolognino, 44, arrested in Bassano del Grappa and the romano Vincenzo Buttarelli, 48, arrested in Trimignano . The two were stopped at Treviso airport police while returning to Italy with 200 thousand euro in cash, a deposit "on the sale of a yacht. Bolognino and Buttarelli are under investigation for conspiracy to aggravated theft. The same accusation for Giovanni Pietro Montello, Genoa 63 years while Bonalumi and his right arm, the Foggia Federico De Matteis, are accused of receiving stolen goods.

Colangeli, then, on June 17, when he was the victim of the accident, was on his way to deliver the vessel. A failure stopped the motor yacht of 40 meters, which then ended at the dam. Colangeli ended up in the sea with two other people. When they came for help, skipper of Stimigliano Rieti, it was too late. The man died by drowning.

Officially it was ruled asphyxiation by drowning. The captain was under water for an hour.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom