listing sites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dbkoko

Vessel Name
Kokopelli
Vessel Make
Luhrs Alura
How about a thread of everyone's favorite or best listing site for trawlers and or pocket trawlers. I am sure that there are some obscure ones that we haven't found yet.

Interesting question. I have a broker over in FL who seems to dredge up trawler listings that I haven't found on my own. He also did a little research for me - the average difference in asking price and actual sale price (11 boats) was 8%. I don't know how he finds the final prices unless those are boats sold through his brokerage firm. (He did not divulge specific boats)

Your broker is likely using soldboats.com to ascertain the REPORTED sale prices of those boats. I used the same several years ago for my own research, and came up with roughly the same numbers, something like 90% of asking was the sale price on average (my data was on smaller boats).

I prefer to search yachtworld and craigslist, but sometimes use boattrader.com. In print, I like Soundings and California & Pacific Northwest Yachts.

Jeff

I assume you have to have broker/dealer credentials or some such to access soldboats.com? Link goes to sign in page with no info on joining.

The boat we purchased was a "for sale by owner" on Boat Trader. It was a fluke that we found it.

I assume you have to have broker/dealer credentials or some such to access soldboats.com? Link goes to sign in page with no info on joining.

I believe soldboats.com is a division of Yachtworld. I know a surveyor who has access and I think he pays about $500/year?

Back
Top Bottom