Show us your ER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Art Defever had a design triumph with the 44 ER IMHO . . . plus the PO was a ninja on ER maintenance. You could perform surgery in there. I don't think I could ever go back to an ER where I'd have to aasume the fetal position to change filters. :)

And ditto Norm's feelings about a seachest.

Attachments

• IMG_1083.JPG
    IMG_1083.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 152
Yea... I am kinda hatin' on you a little, Angus!

This is the most depressing thread I've looked at in a while. Viking has to have one of the worst. Talk about packing 5# of crap into a 2# bag.
Unfortunately I love everything else about her.

Forget about 2 footitis. Now my next boat will be based on its ER layout.

I might get another boat just to have an ER as nice as some of these!

I can hear it now. " Honey we need a bigger boat so I can have a better ER" . Let me know how that goes over.

Not mine, but I did have some small part in how this was put together

:socool:

Interesting...in the beginning of the video there seems to be a AC unit pulling air from the engine room...isn't that a no no? Lots of heat and possible source of carbon monoxide if the exhaust has a leak....

I can hear it now. " Honey we need a bigger boat so I can have a better ER" . Let me know how that goes over.

Wouldn't be at all difficult as I'm married to a woman who wants a new car because hers doesn't have Bluetooth and all her friends have newer cars.

Fortunately, one of us has a little bit of fiscal sense.

From a sistership -- headroom is a little over 6'1":

Attachments

• Nomad ER.jpg
    Nomad ER.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 135
There are 3 chiller's at the very end of the video, and I believe what you are calling out may be an a/c air handler for the ER without the cover on it. This video was immediately post launch and the cover for the AC was probably in a box somewhere.

A/C in the ER is becoming more common as much work is done in there when the engines are off and the benefit of A/C is appreciated.

:socool:

Interesting...in the beginning of the video there seems to be a AC unit pulling air from the engine room...isn't that a no no? Lots of heat and possible source of carbon monoxide if the exhaust has a leak....

Having helped a friend work in his DeFever 44 ER, I am forever chagrined when I look at our potential next boat:banghead::banghead:

Have never been on the David B, but this engine room is pretty cool!

The Gardner is still winning by a mile
Wonderful engine, but parts and finding someone to work on them is an issue so I am told.

Sister ship to ours is Gardner powered and I was dissapointed initially that ours has a Cummins, but I am over it now.

It's not exactly my engine room however it is the engine room of a boat which I have had the pleasure of working on for the past week!
Q1q6a4p.jpg

40 Year Old Engines and Engine Room

Picture of one of the 40 year old Ford Lehman engines in my 1976 Hatteras LRC. To my knowledge this was the only LRC that was equipped with Lehman's

Attachments

• engine room.jpg
    engine room.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 146
  • engine room access.jpg
    engine room access.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 131
2003 Gumbo's ER Cummins 6BT5.9M

Attachments

• Gumbo engine room 2.JPG
    Gumbo engine room 2.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 103
IG 36 Vivante

Twin 6BT 5.9 's still sorting out engine room new lights and camera being installed .

Attachments

• Viv 19.jpg
    Viv 19.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 97
My newb contribution, such as it is. 87' Grand Banks 42' w/ SP135's. 4.5' headroom but clean. forward head sanitation hose with the dip in it has to go. Also the raw water hose coming from seacock to port engine is sitting on the rail. Little rub spot so need to deal with that as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1740.jpg
    IMG_1740.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1742.jpg
    IMG_1742.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1741.jpg
    IMG_1741.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 128
Also the raw water hose coming from seacock to port engine is sitting on the rail. Little rub spot so need to deal with that as well.

Nice looking ER! Lots more room around the engines than my buddies '86 with the big Cat 3208s.

A few wraps of Rescue Tape in the meantime will protect the hose from rub wear until you can permanently modify it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom