TF Gathering in SE Florida 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
There has been some discussion of starting a thread for a proposed TF Gathering in SE Florida. Well, here goes. Dates yet to be determined. I seems Fort Pierce City Marina maybe the preferred site. That's good with me.

We are already lining up seminar presenters. Howard (HMason) by popular demand will be presenting his
Best Toilet Paper for Marine use. He is also adding his presentation on Yachting Bare Footed. Larry M will be doing his presentation on short scope anchoring this time adding How to Do Short Scope Anchoring Using a Concrete Block for an Anchor. Capt. Jack (Sailor of Fortune) will have a session of Tales From the High Seas including how he talked the staff of girls from the Jacksonville Hooters to be his crew. We are just getting started, so stay tuned as things develop.

In the past it has always conflicted with the Miami Boat Show so I've never made it. I'm retired now so I don't have to work the show! Maybe I'll make it this time.

In the past it has always conflicted with the Miami Boat Show so I've never made it. I'm retired now so I don't have to work the show! Maybe I'll make it this time.

Parks,

Be there with Possum. Excuses will not be accepted.

We plan to be there. I am already gathering TP samples for live demonstrations. As far as yachting barefoot is concerned, I am requesting all attendees leave their shoes at the door to the conference room. I have an assistant to watch over them.

200.gif

This sounds like too much fun to miss again. Count me in....boatless, of course.

I'll come with my SmartSole GPS shoe locator chip activated. They have an app for that now.

Maria and I should be there, but will probably leave Loons Nest on the Gulf side and drive over.

David

I'll join FlyWright....boatless. He needs my whole brain to accompany the half he always forgets on the left coast. Does that leave me brainless?

Last edited:
Already sounds like another "interesting" TF Rendezvous (as in the Chinese curse of may you live in interesting times). If the left coast partial brains are threatening to attend, Emily and I may have to make the drive over from Longboat. We'll contribute her whole brain+ to my quarter brain- and declining to the equation.

What? Al and Ray are coming from California. Do you realize how much pressure it puts on HealHustler to get there from Florida's West coast?

David, tell Maria that Irv mentioned that he will have more wine on the boat this time.

I'm holding Baker's reservation that he made last year. There will be no refunds.

It's funny you submitted that, RT. It reminded me that the FPPD has requested all attendees to submit a photo copy of their drivers license and a current set of finger prints with mug shots. These will need to be in their hands 7 days before the gathering.

Already sounds like another "interesting" TF Rendezvous (as in the Chinese curse of may you live in interesting times). If the left coast partial brains are threatening to attend, Emily and I may have to make the drive over from Longboat. We'll contribute her whole brain+ to my quarter brain- and declining to the equation.

David, I was just about to mention that we needed to hear from our Maine contingent.

Don happy to hear your heading this up again (Lou too) after a terrific job last year. We will be there for sure as we really had a good time last year even if it cost us $400.00 plus in booze but rest assured we will have more Carmelita's, Candian whiskey, and Steve's special beer plus wine to spill on our white cushions . We have also purchased some prizes (gifts) that are really neat to give away. The Admiral is planning more food this year that should be really good (she is thinking big time). A good time will be had by all (Baker won't remember). LOL

Thanks Dom, your efforts are appreciated by all.

My boat is Florida for the summer and maybe longer. Hopefully I can make it!

My boat is Florida for the summer and maybe longer. Hopefully I can make it!

Dude, be there are be square. (probably not from your period. You may not understand)

Don

We are dating ourselves but the expression is: be there or be square. From the '60

I think Watfa is going to be busy cooking and we need more booze if the turnout is like it appears to be at this point. :)

What? Al and Ray are coming from California. Do you realize how much pressure it puts on HealHustler to get there from Florida's West coast? .

True, but I felt the pressure big time last year too. This time it's likely we'll already be in some frame of cruising and/or living aboard complete with cats and a good sized barge in tow for the Admiral's shoe collection. I had hoped to make a big splash one day by piloting my sleek machine into the City Marina with a paint job to rival Don or Ted, but alas...my vessel will never be sleek and my high-dollar flat white paint job (custom made to look chalky) will never reflect the face-contorting grimaces of my TF buddies as they witness my docking close-calls. I wouldn't want to miss it!

I'll bring the beer...

IMG_0396.JPG

Scott, I'm putting you and Marjory down as positive.

Don

We are dating ourselves but the expression is: be there or be square. From the '60

I think Watfa is going to be busy cooking and we need more booze if the turnout is like it appears to be at this point. :)

If there's a big turn out, I'm blaming it on you Irv. The party was just too good on your gorgeous boat. I don't think we can depend of Dude to get here with the beer. Looks like he's already wiped out.

Irv, that would be from the '50s.

From the 50s? I'm that old?

It should be fun and growing every year. Lots of fun.

Scott, I'm putting you and Marjory down as positive.

Not staying in Ft Pierce this year...going straight to the Keys.

Will try and make it up a night or two from where ever we wind up. Unless it is later in March and we are headed north...which may not be a bad idea for snowbirders and Ted rounding the mark on his loop.

Dont do it for me, but maybe a poll with preferred time frames may ultimately up the numbers anyway.

Scott you have to be there, it wouldn't be the same without you.

Scott you have to be there, it wouldn't be the same without you.
How would you guys know, I hung out with the women most of the time....and the bar...:)

I'll join FlyWright....boatless. He needs my whole brain to accompany the half he always forgets on the left coast. Does that leave me brainless?

Outstanding! I was hoping for some adult supervision. Thanks, Bud!

We need all the help we can get. Late at night, we're gonna almost be a complete brain between us all!

How would you guys know, I hung out with the women most of the time....and the bar...:)

Somebody has to watch both! Obviously, you're up to the demands of that responsibility. Bravo Zulu!

Why don't you just copy across the posts from this year's meeting - it's all the same repeated damn thang!

:hide:

Oh, BTW, we may try and make it - if it dovetails with our passing by on the way to the Bahama-Mamas!

Oh geez, two great get togethers with core people and core fun, guess thats not fo everyone

If its work to come, probably not for everyone.

Scott

Yes you were monitoring the ladies and we need someone to watch them, besides Watfa needs someone to drink wine with. :)

That wine was just a disguise, a half inch of wine riding on to of that great rum you had.

I just blamed the major rum consumption on Baker...he has broad shoulders.

Disguise worked pretty well...:)

Greetings,
Mr. M. Re: post #11. I suspect FPPD is requesting ID submission beforehand in an effort to speed up the arrest, booking and arraignment process so as to eliminate the bottlenecks from last year due to the large numbers involved. I also understand the buses are being reserved as well so no more waiting in line for hours.

busfleet.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom