Gen Set not producing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwilsail

Veteran Member
My 12.5 Westerbeke shut down due to low oil pressure. I added oil and it cranked back up and ran like a top except there was no electrical output. I thought there might be a circuit breaker but I can't find one if there is one. Any thoughts before I start spending money on something that may not be broken?

My 12.5 Westerbeke shut down due to low oil pressure. I added oil and it cranked back up and ran like a top except there was no electrical output. I thought there might be a circuit breaker but I can't find one if there is one. Any thoughts before I start spending money on something that may not be broken?

What year and model? There is usually a fuse or circuit breaker for the excitation circuit somewhere in the gen box. There's an output breaker that also could be tripped

1988 Westerbeke 12.5 kw. The owners Manuel show a breaker next to an emergency shut off on the 8kw model but unless I am mistaken not on the 12.5. It is a bit tight in my ER so access is a challenge for normal size people.

When our Westerbeke 5.0 didn't generate voltage, and it's happened three time in the eight years we've had the boat, it was always due to a bad capacitor. In the 5.0 there are two of them which, of course, are buried in the innards of the generator.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom