Who is celebrating the 4th of July?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B Wifey D

Veteran Member
Esmeralde is! Block Island, RI. What do the code flags spell (starboard side, left/stern to right/bow).

Attachments

• DJI01182.jpg
    DJI01182.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 111
  • DJI01184.jpg
    DJI01184.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 98
Nothing.... :D

......because on that fashion they arent signal flags, they are in "dress ship" supposedly and there is a prescibed sequence for that.;)

Last edited:
A-m-e-r-I-c-a-n-T-u-g-395-F-B

:D :socool: :hide:

......because on that fashion they arent signal flags, they are in "dress ship" supposedly and there is a prescibed sequence for that.;)

I am so glad that none of our NYYC club friends are not here to rib us! :blush:
Of course you are correct but this was fun...
Bruce

When we decided to do this yesterday Bruce insisted that we spell out AT. When I hauled the flags out of the bag they were, actually, in the proper "prescribed sequence" from the last time we used them on our previous boat. I had to break them all apart and sort through them all to get the new spelling sequence... :banghead::banghead:

It was actually remarkable that the letters/numbers fit exactly, and even ended with the "B" properly set under the bow over the water.

A piece of what we did on the 4th, beautiful day at James Island, west of Anacortes!..

My wife saw your flags when running the dogs ashore and thought the looked great btw. Looks like you've taken them down. We're on the other side of the channel from you. Waiting for some rain tomorrow to wash some salt off.

My wife saw your flags when running the dogs ashore and thought the looked great btw. Looks like you've taken them down. We're on the other side of the channel from you. Waiting for some rain tomorrow to wash some salt off.

Sorry we missed you! We are on our way home now. We will be out and about again soon heading for Maine. Next time stop by and say hello!
Bruce

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom