Paragon Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Island15

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Little Missy
Vessel Make
CHB
Help, I have water in my Paragon 33AL. :eek:
It was checked before our last trip all was well, ran about 6 hours. Now it white, must be water and appears to be full to the top.
Can I drain, flush and install a new cooler or will it need to be pulled out?:facepalm:

You should be able to drain and flush (after changing cooler), but it may take several fill, short run, drain, refil cycles before all the water is out. You do want to run for a short period of time each time to get water out of various passages etc.

Ken

If the trans doesn't have a separate spin on filter, you might add one after the clean up. A filter can hold an ounce of water and will get any leftovers.

After talking with Mike at Harbor Marine, he was a great help.
I replaced the cooler like my dumb ass should have done 6 months ago:banghead: Flushed the system 6 time with fresh fluid warming up each time to about 125 or 130. No weird noises all seems to be ok:popcorn:.
We hope we won't be contacting boat tow this weekend.
Thanks for the help

Keep an eye on the fluid. Water hides in the gear and it will take a while to clean itself up. So keep plenty of fluid on hand and after an hour run, if you see any milkiness, do an oil change.

Most gears live though this just fine as long as they don't sit with water in them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom